Initial work will be in Libertyville, IL, with relocation to Chicago, in early 2014
Basic Qualifications - Years of Experience:
Scope of Responsibility/Expectation:
- Design, Build out, Ongoing support of Production Server environment. ( > 6000 physical servers)
- Support of Production environment running our own applications three US based Data Centers, and one China Based Data Center.
- Troubleshooting production problems, working with Engineering and other teams to help resolve production stability issues
- Troubleshoot ongoing problems, isolate down to the server, and fix Hardware and or Software (Linux OS)issues.
- Server Operations support of Projects, kickstarting new hosts, management of changes to configurations adding new installation applications, code deployment of existing applications.
- On-call rotation as a part of the team responsibility. Potential for follow the Sun support at times utilizing other IT Cloud Services resources etc.
- Advanced System troubleshooting skills to resolve hardware/OS and networking issues
- Excellent CentOS/RedHat Linux knowledge and experience
- Excellent understanding and troubleshooting skills on kickstart, dns, dhcp, remote console access, linux kernel and networking.
- Excellent Scripting experience on Bash, Perl/Python/Ruby to help with automation of routine tasks.
- Strong understanding of Intel hardware servers running Linux operating systems
- Strong working Experience on configuration management such as cfengine, puppet or chef
- Working knowledge with Xen and other Hypervisor implementations.
- Must have experience supporting large and complex Data Center implementations (Colos)
- Strong Working knowledge with Apache Tomcat/jetty
- Understanding LAMP implementations
- Understanding the need for LoadBalancers within the production stack.
- DESIRED: A good working knowledge of networks and networking infrastructure and the integration points with the data canter / labs
Motorola Mobility - 16 months ago