Working directly with the area's Oral Surgeon, the Oral Surgeon Assistant performs a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. The Oral Surgeon Assistant works chair side as the dentist examines and treats patients making patients as comfortable as possible in the dental chair, prepare them for treatment, obtain their dental records and instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care. This position will require travel to different offices with the Oral Surgeon. |
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Assist the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures.
- Set up and breakdown operatory post treatment.
- Take, develop and mount dental radiographs (x-rays).
- Manage infection control - prepare and sterilize instruments and equipment.
- Provide patients with instructions for oral care following all dental treatment procedures such as restorations (fillings), root canals, etc.
- Teach patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health (brushing teeth, flossing, nutritional counseling, etc.).
- Perform various office tasks as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Dental Assistant Certificate with prior assistant experience necessary.
- X-ray certification
Aspen Dental is on a mission to give America a healthy mouth. We bring affordable, quality care to communities that need it. From small...