Our Strategic Procurement department has an opportunity for a Senior Category Manager – Major Projects who will be responsible for the strategic management of supply chain initiatives and spend optimization for a specific category or major projects having significant impact on organizational and business unit goals and objectives. Our Category Manager will develop and implement supply chain strategies, targets, and schedules to achieve goals and objectives for cost management, supplier management including supplier diversity, and process improvement. Develops and executes processes to maximize value. Significant latitude for autonomous decision-making and action.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or related discipline required and 4-7 years materials or services management experience with a significant exposure to strategic supply chain management issues. Education/Experience Equivalency: Professional certification (e.g., CPM, CPSM) and 7+ years of significant, closely-related materials/services/supply chain experience may be substituted for minimum education/experience requirements; or Associate's degree in business or related discipline, professional certification (e.g., CPM, CPSM), and 5+ years' of significant, closely-related materials/services/supply chain experience may be substituted education/experience requirements .
Additional Requirements and Skills Include:
· MBA or master's degree in related discipline highly desirable.
· Professional certification (e.g., CPM, CPSM) is highly desirable.
· Requires proficiency in specific category(ies) and supply chain programs, techniques, tools, concepts including Total Cost of Ownership.
· Past expierence working major projects.
· Working knowledge and understanding of procurement and work management systems.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication, negotiation, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
· PC literate in Microsoft Office applications.
Arizona Public Service - 18 months ago