The Kitting Associate will provide assistance throughout the plant as needed by providing manufacturing units the appropriate materials for production jobs and other miscellaneous production and shipping tasks as assigned, while assisting in achieving Symmetry Medical’s priorities of safety, quality, schedule, and cost.
Manually identify parts required for jobs; pull parts to form kits and forward for manufacturing.
Aid in picking and issuance of material for work orders.
Provide accurate count and kit components for assembly as per job order.
Provide assistance in receiving material to stock from manufacturing locations and incoming inspection.
Process work orders to produce top level parts for inventory/shipment.
Ensure material and required documentation is complete and correct, and that certifications are present.
Verify certifications with customer print specifications and router procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Basic math skills required.
Finish work efficiently and volunteer to help in other areas.
Consistently produce at superior levels of quality and productivity.
Use communication with co-workers to improve unit production.
Be flexible in accepting new tasks and new ways of doing things.
Adjust work hours to fit production needs
Read, write clearly, and follow written procedures.
Efficiently operate a computer.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Reading, comprehension, problem solving, and math skills normally associated with completion of a 12 th grade education.
This position has moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
The following physical/environmental demands could occur up to two-thirds of the time:
The following physical/environmental demands occur from one-third up to two-thirds of the time:
- Standing; walking; manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with fingers.
- Ability to bend and lift.
This position has the following work environment conditions:
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 25 lbs throughout the shift of work or to other production areas.
- Ability to perform repetitive work more than 8 hours per day and weekend.
- Ability to judge depth and distance.
- Ability to read fine print and distinguish color.
- Ability to wear proper PPE.
- Works near or with moving mechanical parts up to two-thirds of the working time.
- Has moderate to loud noise conditions.
Symmetry Medical - 17 months ago