Job Location: Charlotte, North Carolina and other unanticipated sites throughout the US and abroad
DigitalOptics Corp East has openings in Charlotte, NC for Principal Process Engineers. Research and develop innovative structures and processes for consumer optics, micro optics, wafer-level optics and wafer level packaging applications. Provide Technical leadership for engineering project-related activities utilizing knowledge of the company’s wafer-level packaging (WLP) technologies including Shellcase CF, Shellcase RT, Shellcase OP, Shellcase OC and Shellcase MVP. Lead technical development efforts in support of company's technology road map. Execute cost reduction projects. and implement new processes and approaches for wafer–level optics and their integration with other technologies including electronics and packaging. Investigate, identify and implement novel cost effective solutions and materials relating to specific product offerings, aligning these solutions with imaging & optics products and solutions. Develop lithography mask designs and design rules for consumer optics, micro optics, wafer level optics and wafer level packaging. Actively support integrative cooperation across company’s Imaging and Optics Division, mapping potential technological interactions. Support technology transfers of developed and released processes. Provide remote and on-site engineering support as needed for DOC WLP technology licensees.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics followed by 8 years progressive post-baccalaureate experience in job offered or engineering/research related occupation. Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics and 6 years experience in job offered or engineering/research related occupation.
Education and/or experience must include:
1. Wafer level semi-conductor and optics with regard to device layout, lithography mask design and layout, wafer process development and execution.
2. Product and mask layout
3. Experience in wafer level optics, manufacturing, packaging and integration.
4. Wafer level processing, functional test and reliability testing.
5. Materials science as applied to micro-optics products, device packaging and Shellcase™ packaging technology.
6. Demonstrated experience in valid uses of statistical analysis techniques
7. Analytical skills, data collection and technical reporting.
8. Contributing to technical IP portfolios through invention disclosures, proprietary methods and trade secrets.
9. Experience with Micro-Electro-Mechanical System (MEMS) product development.
10. Mentoring and training of junior engineers.
A suitable combination of education, training, and experience is acceptable. Must be available to work on projects at various, unanticipated sites throughout the United States and abroad.
Apply online @ doc.com/aboutus/careers/Pages/careers.aspx. Or mail resume to: Sr. HR Director, DOC, 9815 David Taylor Dr, Charlotte, NC 28262 & ref Job ID: 0792