POSITION SUMMARY: Under direct supervision of the Chief Financial and Compliance Officer, serves as Administrative Account Clerk. The incumbent is responsible for procurement procedures and purchase order requisitions; assists in maintaining established general account ledger by fund; assists in verification of financial documents including vouchers, invoices, requisitions, and fixed asset list; assists in posting financial information to registers and ledgers, performing reconciliation of ledgers; assists with preparation of legislative forms for the budget process; assists with bi-annual audit administrative functions. This position involves working with information of an extremely sensitive and confidential nature.
1. Responsible for the centralized procurement functions for the Office of Executive Inspector General (OEIG); maintains the purchase order requisition process; researches and processes orders on the Illinois Government Purchasing System (IGPS) for products or supplies.
2. Performs research of outside vendors to determine potential suppliers of products or services; obtains product specification sheets to ensure compatibility with needs; obtains authorized approval and sign-off on all vendors; prepares purchase orders, reviewing and verifying all documentation; maintains all requisite documentation supporting procurement decisions.
3. Maintains vendor records; updates and researches the IGPS and accounting information system (AIS) and the state accounting management System (SAMS) for vendor information.
4. Provides administrative support to vendors for product complaints and corrective action.
5. Assists with the review of invoices for accuracy; prepares invoice documentation package for payment processing; ensures that printed vouchers and accounting reports are accurate and all supporting documentation is included.
6. Provides administrative and reconciliation support for the data collection of accounting information for the bi-annual audit.
7. Provides accounting and administrative support for the completion of legislative forms for the budget process.
8. Responsible for ensuring timely reorders of supplies, products, and equipment ensuring delivery dates are prompt; reviews and ensures accuracy of received orders, and the placement and installation of equipment. Responsible for providing facilities management office support, including responding to employee concerns on building issues.
9. Assists the Accounting Specialist with the annual physical inventory count and reconciliation process.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
• bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, or a related area of study or demonstrated knowledge, skill, mental development, and equivalent experience to four years of college;
• three years experience in a related administrative accounting/bookkeeping function;
• knowledge of office methods, procedures and standard office machines and equipment;
• knowledge and experience with state systems including: SAMS, AIS, and IGPS is desirable;
• high personal ethical standards due to content of work materials;
• ability to travel in the course of work including overnight travel;
• demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and internet applications; and
• ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, and the ability to interact professionally with others.
PHYSICAL FACTORS: Duties are generally performed in an office setting and typically includes:
• sitting for extended periods of time;
• using personal computer, photocopier, facsimile, telephone, calculator, and teleconference equipment;
• handling and transporting documents weighing up to 30 lbs.; and
• standing, reaching, and bending at the waist or bending of the legs.
Work Hours & Location/Agency Contact:
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Office of Executive Inspector General
32 W. Randolph Street, Suite 1900
Chicago, IL 60601
Division of Human Resources
How to Apply:
Visit our website at www.inspectorgeneral.illinois.gov. Qualified applicants should download the OEIG employment application and submit the completed application, resume, and cover letter to the OEIG Human Resources Office, 32 West Randolph, Suite 1900, Chicago, IL 60601. Contact: Division of Human Resources – 312.814.1789.
The OEIG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities.
For information about ISBE, please visit http://www.isbe.state.il.us
Enterprises Computing Services, Inc. (ECS) is an Atlanta-based...