Intermec Technologies Corp. (NYSE: IN) has been recognized as best in class in Automated Identification and Data Capture (AIDC) equipment, including mobile computers, radio frequency identification (RFID) systems, wireless barcode scanners, wired and wireless barcode printers and label media products worldwide for over forty years. Companies and governments around the world rely on Intermec’s technologies and solutions to transform their inventory processes, drive competitive advantage, and meet complex asset management needs. As our global footprint expands, we have added cutting edge rugged mobile computing and printing and wireless capabilities to transcend the industry. In addition, our distinguished leadership team is renowned for growing an entrepreneurial culture that values our customers, collaborative teamwork and team excellence, which is unstoppable.
Intermec is currently seeking a Indirect Supply Chain Manager for our Everett location.
Purpose of the Job: Develops global procurement strategies to effect corporate-wide objectives. Leads the process of identifying worldwide opportunities for high quality, low cost supply lines for components with an emphasis on world-class suppliers.
Supervisory Responsibility: May allocate work, train and/or provide guidance on a regular basis. Does not have hire, fire authority.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop and implement strategic commodity roadmaps and strategies that support corporate product road maps.
2. Develop and facilitate major supplier relationships.
3. Lead cross-functional team on formal supplier surveys to evaluate process capabilities, manufacturing capacity, QC procedures, technology leadership, and managerial and financial stability.
4. Lead supplier selection and associated contract negotiation.
5. Development and implementation of supplier agreements.
6. Establish and manage an aggressive cost reduction program for assigned commodity.
7. Foster relationships with our internal customers through open communication and follow-up.
8. Actively promote synergism between commodity teams, Research and Development Engineering, Design Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing, and Manufacturing to drive products down faster learning curves.
9. Direct supplier early involvement initiatives in the design of new products.
10. Direct the participation of Commodity Specialists in negotiating supplier partnerships, devising objectives and strategies.
11. Lead cost-cutting and streamlining programs such as J.I.T./DFT, dock to stock, auto-replenishment, and Electronic Data Interchange.
12. Direct the development, implementation, and maintenance of the preferred supplier list.
13. Manage and maintain a benchmarking program for each assigned commodity group.
14. Provide limited technical expertise for Engineering and Procurement.
15. Provide support in resolving supplier quality issues and technical problems.
16. Direct the procurement of tooling design services, tooling and fixtures.
17. Support corporate inventory management and ISO-9000 goals.
Education: 4-year college degree in an engineering, technical or business related field. Advanced degree is desirable. NAPM certification designation of CPM preferred. APICS certification designation of C.P.I.M. preferred. APICS certification designation of C.I. RM. preferred
Experience: Minimum of 7 years experience in Supply Management or equivalent.
Special Skills: Mastery of Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) and Non-Inventory Procurement Systems, highly developed oral and written communication skills, proven management skills, negotiation process (analyze, communicate, persuade & document) for agreements and contracts, product/commodity knowledge, familiarity and understanding of MPS, SPC, CP/CPK, DFT, DOE, QFD, ESI, ESS, STS, MRB, JIT, forecasting techniques.
Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, staff development, team building and mentoring. Must be entrepreneurial and a self-starter. Must be flexible and willing to deal with change and ambiguity, conflict resolution. Global sourcing background. Strong background in Supply Chain Management. Ability to develop relationships with both internal and external customers. Strong background in contracting, negotiations, and mediation. Customer and end-user focused. Proven track record of effective relationships with executives, internal and external.
Intermec is an Equal Opportunity Employer