Job ID: OG13-LOE1
Position: Optical Laser Engineer
Company Name: OptiGrate Corp
Job location: Orlando, FL (close to UCF)
Job Category: Engineering
Position type: Full-time, employee
Benefits: Full Package (medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance, 401k, paid Holidays, vacation, sick days)
Experience: 3+ years (fresh PhD graduates will be considered)
Salary: commensurate with related experience
Desired Education Level: MS/PhD
The successful candidate will be responsible for development and fabrication of various diode lasers and fiber laser components and systems. The position requires hands-on, preferably industrial experience in laser engineering, optical assembly, diagnostics, and tests. OptiGrate provides competitive salaries, outstanding benefit package, and great professional growth opportunities.
The candidate will work as an engineering team on development and fabrication of wavelength stabilized narrow-band laser diodes and fiber lasers. The candidate will be involved in optical, mechanical, and electrical design, laser module assembly and packaging, test and characterization of devices and systems.
1) Minimum M.S in optoelectronics, optics, or physical sciences with emphasis on optics, photonics, or laser systems
2) Hands on experience in laser development, assembly, and/or fabrication. Familiarity with laser diode industrial assembly processes, module packaging, and reliability testing is a plus
3) Hands on experience in optical measurements, operating analytical devices such as oscilloscopes and optical spectrum analyzers is required;
4) Proficiency in reading and interpreting mechanical, optical and electrical specifications using drawings and manuals;
5) Use of common software applications such as LabView, MathCAD, MS Office to generate and report results is required; experience with optical and mechanical design tools such as SolidWorks or Zemax is highly desirable.
OptiGrate is a fast growing, innovative technology company with leading positions in design and development of holographic optical elements. OptiGrate supplies optical components to more than 400 customers on 6 continents in optoelectronics, analytical, semiconductor, research, and defense industries. OptiGrate was elected one of the 50 Florida Companies to Watch in 2011. For more information please visit us at www.optigrate.com
Please visit us in February in San Francisco at BIOS Booth #8826 or PW Booth #2105