As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 2|
4,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
1. Performs advanced engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Directs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
3. Identifies, documents, and evaluates clients functional requirements.
4. Conducts independent technical investigations and provides impact assessments and design recommendations to clients.
5. Provides engineering subject matter expertise to assigned clients, and may also advise other internal groups.
6. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation and provides quality assurance and review of technical reports and documentation written by other engineers.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and engineering support staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as technical team or task lead.
9. Recommends major changes in procedures or objectives.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Masters Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
10-15 years of related engineering experience.
10-15 years engineering experience. Three (3) years experience with the AEGIS Combat System Development to include: design, development, test and evaluation, lifetime support maintenance, configuration management, and tactical training.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Science and Engineering
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...