Overview - Inspects, audits, and tests prototype, supplier, and production parts and completed products or processes for compliance with specifications and standards.
- Conducts inspection, audits, and reporting of non-compliance at all stages of production including, but not limited to prototype, pre-production, all assembly stages, and completed units for products and processes.
- Provides knowledge and application of standards for quality, engineering, and manufacturing.
- Develops, applies and supports maintaining quality requirements.
- Develops, executes and analyzes quality procedures, standards and measurements.
Responsibilities - Provides daily coordination of assigned area, including training and mentoring of others.
- Utilizes control charts and other quality tools to make improvement decisions.
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, and formulas to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Inspects and tests components, parts, and assembled products for workmanship, compliance with specifications and regulatory standards. Employs techniques such as electronic and conventional measurement, observation, functional tests, and destructive tests.
- Conducts non-destructive tests of welding, fastened joints, and hydraulic oil.
- Evaluates data and writes modifications of existing quality or production standards to maximize quality within limits of machine capability and cost.
- Confers with Design Engineers and Manufacturing to identify, diagnose, and resolve non-conforming quality problems including those associated with parts, components, or the
Qualifications Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years related experience
- May require knowledge in quality tools and processes.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge required may vary based on the specific requirements of different operating units. In general, the position requires:
- Knowledge of AWP or similar products and components including electronics, electrical circuits, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, power transmission, and structural members.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and how they relate to product and process quality standards.
- An in depth understanding of AWP or similar production processes, including Engineering Specifications, Engineer Procedures, and Assembly Requirements standards.
- Requires sufficient math skills to read and record detailed measurements.
- Practical knowledge and application of basic quality tools such as cause and effect diagrams, control charts, run charts, histogram, pareto charts, and stratification.
- Knowledge and application of quality systems.
- Requires working knowledge of inspecting and testing procedures.
- Knowledge of measurement systems, including tool and gage selection.
- Requires sufficient communication skills to discuss quality issues and resolve conflict.
Requires the ability to carry out all aspects of the position.
In general, the following abilities are desired for this position:
- Translation of design specification and drawings in to a quality audit plan.
- Interpretation of technical drawings, electrical and hydraulic schematics and similar documents.
- Written abilities to create and update technical documents and work standards.
- Identification and response to non-conforming material.
- Ability to provide effective preventive/corrective actions though use of advanced problem solving skills.
- Proper usage of advanced measurement tools.
- Must be able to define and apply quality concepts and quality processes
- Selection of data to collect for analyzing
- Requires use of a computer and experience using Microsoft Office tools or equivalent
- Requires the ability to learn and convey the principles of lean manufacturing.
Typically works in a manufacturing environment. Requires moving equipment and/or materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
Terex - 16 months ago
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...