At Union Bank, our people are our greatest asset. We are one of the 25 largest banks in the country
with a longstanding reputation for professional training and career development.
Reporting to the Retail Loan Processing Supervisor, assembles information on both borrowers and property, into a loan package for submission to Underwriting. Verifies and validates all sources of funds, credit, income, etc. Issues final loan approval per determined approval authority. Work directly with customers, escrow, title companies and all applicable bank personnel. Performs analysis of pre-approved conditions. Responsible for entire loan processing through funding.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Packaging and processing of residential real estate loans; obtains and compiles necessary documentation for submission of loan files to Underwriting.
- Strong working knowledge of residential lending loan documentation products, policies and standard industry guidelines.
- Review package for accuracy and completeness. Responds to more complex inquiries regarding loan applications. Responsible for working a higher volume loan pipeline. Authority to sign off conditions per policy. Issues final approval as allowed by predetermined approval authority and inputs approval data.
- Communicates and corresponds with Mortgage Consultants, borrowers, title companies, brokers, and other business partners regarding the status of the loan, and updates any system notes. Ensures coordination of loan process with all appropriate parties.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with Bank and/or regulatory requirements.
At a minimum, the right candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Requires 3 - 5 years of direct of Residential Loan processing experience.
- Must be able to process loans within a high volume environment.
- Excellent organization, time management, and attention-to-detail abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer service orientation.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
Union Bank is committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. EOE. M/F/D/V.
Union Bank is a full-service bank with offices across the United States. We provide a wide spectrum of corporate, commercial, retail banking...