SpecPro, Inc. is a dynamic 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation specializing in Life Sciences, Engineering and Technical Services, Information Management Services, and Environmental Services. With over 16 years of professional experience, SpecPro is proud to serve the government and industry in these disciplines. Our goal is to always maintain positive customer and community relations while emphasizing the "SpecPro Advantage".
We are currently looking for a Nurse Scientist/Researcher for a position located at Wright-Patterson Air force Base in Dayton, Ohio. The Nurse Science will support the United States Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine's (USAFSAM) Aeromedical Research Department, Strategic Aeromedical Evacuation (AE) and Critical Care Air Transport (CCATT) Research Team at Wight Patterson AFB, OH.
Description of Services:
Aircrew Selection, Performance and Aeromedical Evacuation Division (FHC) leads USAFSAM’s research efforts in the effects of directed energy on the health and performance of airmen and the effects of adverse conditions, including altitude and acceleration research, on their performance, and serve as consultants to the aeromedical community in this area. FHC also provides support in research and consulting in the areas of stabilizing battlefield trauma patients, preparing them for aeromedical evacuation, and enroute care of the injured; each branch informs the best practices of the Air Force with research findings through presentations, publications and training curriculum refreshment of current practices.
This individual shall have a primary responsibility for:
- Submitting and executing research addressing Air Force mission gaps including study design, review of relevant scientific literature and project execution.
- Write/create competitive, well-written, full drafts of all research proposals, papers, presentations and shall edit drafts as required by Aircrew Selection, Performance and Aeromedical Evacuation Division (FHC) professional staff.
- Collaborate with professional colleagues, including federal, state and international officials, medical professionals and government officials.
- Organize review of relevant scientific literature and attend meetings, as required, with government organizations, academia, and meetings with other experts in their field.
- Coordinate with FHC professional staff in authoring scientific paper(s), professional presentation(s) and DoD technical reports.
- Assure confidentiality of documents, communications and study data (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) and follow Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Institutional Review Board (IRB) requirements CITI training current and follow HIPAA and IRB requirements)
- Provide and accept technical guidance and advisory recommendations.
- Work with project managers and professional staff to assure that project is executing on schedule/budget.
- Minimum of a Masters’ degree, PhD highly preferred and 3-5 years of research experience.
- Experience independently conducting research, and familiarity with human subjects research regulations.
- Experience working with USAF personnel is highly desired, aeromedical evacuation knowledge is desired.
- Experience presenting research at national or international meetings and shall be published in peer reviewed medical journals.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Web applications.
- Exceptional organizational skills and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and follow through and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Interested candidates must apply at
- Maintain any required licensures.
- Must to be able to pass a government background check.
Information on Alaska Native Corporations and their special status under federal procurement laws