The Director of Early Head Start is responsible for the administration of the Early Head Start (EHS) program, including program design and management, oversight of record-keeping and monitoring systems and development of community partnerships. This individual is directly responsible for supervision and implementation of the policies and procedures of the education, parent involvement, nutrition, health, transportation and program governance components as specified in the Federal Performance Standards and any local or other required policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage a program with more than 40 employees and more than 100 children and families.
- Knowledge of education and personnel management.
- Knowledge of services for infants and toddlers with disabilities; willingness to advocate for inclusion for all children.
- Knowledge of best practices in early child development and education.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Master's degree preferred, Bachelor's degree required in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field with sufficient credits in education or child development.
- Five years of post-graduate experience in a related field with two years of management or supervisory experience.
- Experience working with infants and toddlers required.
- Valid USVI Driver's License.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including internet and e-mail.
Career.VI - 10 months ago