Bachelor of Science
The Director of Access and Revenue Cycle Applications and Reporting leads a team comprised of professional staff with experience in application development, support, maintenance, database administration, and project management for the Epic system.
The director is also responsible for the management and oversight of all DMG reporting in support of clinical and non-clinical operations, human resources, and finance.
The director and team work closely with operational leadership and representatives in the planning, direction, evaluation and implementation of application projects.
This role is responsible for managing multiple development projects simultaneously as well as supporting I&T operations in the successful design and implementation of software development projects throughout DMG.
This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of computer services for computer users throughout the organization through planning, leadership, and project coordination.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, direct, and evaluate applications development.
- Direct the team that develops, implements, upgrades, and maintains Epic’s access and revenue cycle applications and reporting team.
- Provide leadership for project management and report design and implementation.
- Coordinate project initiation, prioritization and resource allocation.
- Interface with executive management regarding I&T project scope and prioritization.
- Assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Advise and consult with other operational leadership regarding application and reporting needs.
Work closely to identify and deliver effective and efficient systems processes and reports.
- Perform all supervisory responsibilities associated with the I&T department including employee related issues.
- Enforce company policies and procedures as a member of management for all employees.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and every level of management.
- Participate in the determination of I&T goals within broad outlines provided by the executive management and contribute to the continuity of computer services by providing necessary leadership and project coordination.
- Forecast costs and personnel needs for projects and programs as required and related to I&T operations.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in Epic.
- Prepares long and short-range plans for application development and acquisition of the resources needed to support them. Assures responsiveness of long-range plans to corporate objectives.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a focus on customer service.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing, appraising, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, or administrative nature.
- Maintain confidentiality of work related information.
EDUCATION and/or CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information systems or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Epic revenue cycle application experience (Cadence, Prelude Resolute and Clarity)
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in related field required.
- Previous management experience required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment
- May require periodic travel to DMG clinical sites