Coordinate the operation of the Information Technology Section of the REALTOR® Division of NWFCU. Responsibility for planning, analyzing, organizing and directing the systems-related activities and ensuring that key transaction and information systems are secure and available around-the-clock. This responsibility focuses primarily on the core processing system and integrated processes, programs and systems. Supervise and coordinate the activities that pertain to the operation of the systems under management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the online member data processing system, the electronic document management system and all other installed applications/systems under supervision. Ensure the timely completion of scheduled processes, including data and report distribution, system back-ups, electronic archival storage and general system administration. Ensure that all policies and procedures pertaining to record-keeping requirements are followed.
2. Function as an integrations specialist and project manager for enterprise-wide projects pertaining to the systems, products and services (current and planned) under supervision.
3. Responsible for the daily operations of the REALTORS® Division’s processing and telecommunication services, application development and maintenance, systems security and other critical technology projects.
4. Ensure that operating systems and applications are maintained at current and supported versions, and coordinate the planning, testing, and implementation activities associated with deploying upgrades and enhancements.
5. Be proficient in the administration of systems under supervision and in the use of deployed computer operating systems, data bases and key software applications, including Symitar EpiSys, Synergy Express, SymConnect, PowerOn, 3rd-party interface, Microsoft Windows (server & workstation), SQL server and other Internet application services.
6. Review systems operations schedules and task lists to confirm that processes and activities are performed as scheduled and that output is distributed on a timely basis.
7. Act as a liaison with appropriate vendors and facilitate the ongoing support, maintenance and enhancement for those systems under supervision. Coordinate the timely reporting of system deficiencies, enhancement requests and other issues, and be responsible for tracking the status of outstanding issues and ensuring successful resolution.
8. Ensure that supervised staff are cross-trained to key activities and responsibilities in order to maintain uninterrupted operations in the event of absence by one or more staff members.
9. Ensure that staff under supervision provide superior customer service to the staff of the organization.
10. Ensure full compliance with the laws, regulations and requirements of the Internal Revenue Service, NCUA, US Treasury and all other regulatory bodies. Meet or exceed mandatory deadlines for reporting data to and/or responding to queries from those agencies and bodies.
11. Ensure that appropriate procedures are in place to create and store securely complete data and system backups of the systems for which this position is primarily responsible. Ensure awareness of and adherence to all policies pertaining to record keeping, retention periods, frequency and redundancy of back-ups, and duration of off-site storage.
12. Manage the participation of supervised staff in periodic tests of the Disaster Recovery Plan, and be responsible for the recovery of systems under supervision and for attaining the test objectives set forth by Management.
13. Ensure that there are up-to-date written policies and procedures for the processes and activities that are the responsibility of the positions supervised, and which pertain to the systems under management.
14. Coordinate effective communication with management and staff of the organization to facilitate awareness of changes and opportunities for process improvements by utilizing information system resources.
15. Oversee and participate in the development of products and services that utilize the information and communication resources available via the systems under supervision and the organization’s network infrastructure. Ensure that all applications and interfaces developed are in accordance with internal standards and controls, that source code is properly secured, and that appropriate documentation is produced and made available.
16. Ensure that the SVP & REALTOR® Division Executive is informed about important issues or unusual circumstances pertaining to the operating environment and/or any of the systems under supervision.
17. Undertake other work-related duties as assigned by the SVP & REALTOR® Division Executive
Qualifications: (knowledge/ skills/abilities):
• University degree in the field of computer science or business administration. Master’s degree in one these fields preferred.
• 8 years experience managing an IT operation.
• 10 years experience working in the IT industry.
* 3-5 years programming experience in Symitar environment
* some network experience is preferred
• Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems
• Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
Symitar experience preferred.
• Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
• Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
• Good understanding of project management principles.
• Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
• In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
• Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
• Proven leadership ability.
• Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Exceptional service orientation.
• Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS - All positions require U.S. citizenship, drug test and a Federal Government Security Clearance. NWFCU will sponsor the clearance process for qualified applicants. All Applicants will be subject to a credit history check in order to determine employment eligibility with NWFCU.
Necessary accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Northwest Federal Credit Union - 14 months ago