SSD Applications Engineering Lead
The NSG applications engineering team is within the NSG marketing organization, responsible for driving design wins with key OEMs in every business segment Intel SSDs are used, managing design-in activities at key OEMs, managing technical issue resolution, driving industry initiatives, supporting ecosystem development with partners, defining and taking SSD supporting tools to market, creating and delivering compelling product trainings and demos, and driving awareness for Intel's SSD products. The AE team responsibilities are segmented by global regions and by customer accounts, where the responsible applications engineer will work closely with NSG business development managers to create and execute strategies within their account base which result in growing Intel's SSD business. This will be accomplished in a variety of ways, including owning the SSD technical face of Intel with Tier 1 customers, creating and delivering compelling product trainings to regional SMG FAEs, driving closure of customer design-in activities, managing all technical product issues, and creatively developing new business opportunities which further grow SSD demand.
In this position, you will be a segment lead or manager within the NSG AE team, responsible for leading a team of applications engineers to drive business results within the segment. Each segment team will own specific OEM and end user customer accounts, ecosystem partners, and technologies to drive SSD business success within the segment. You and your team will represent Intel as the key SSD technical resource and system architecture technology experts. You and your team will also be responsible to develop product and technical collateral, and training materials for our customers, the industry, as well as Intel's Sales and Marketing Group. You will own technical issue management escalation, and set direction for solutions for the segment, while taking consideration for other segment and business needs. You and your team will be working closely with customers to manage our technical engagement on Intel SSD product solutions by understanding qualification feature requirements, negotiating design-wins, and managing customer technical or product application issues, helping shape Intel's future SSD product definition and direction. You will grow a successful team of applications engineers and be responsible for their growth and results delivery. You and your team will be working closely with both internal and external customers to deliver outstanding customer service and to establish strong relationships that deliver results meeting Intel's business objectives.
You should possess a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline. Advanced technical degree, and/or MBA a plus.
- 10 years working with all facets of complex systems hardware products from design through production and support, including customer or supplier relationship management experience. Experience with Client PCs, Servers, or Storage System hardware and/or software using both Windows and Linux based operating systems a plus.
- A desire to work in a leadership role with an ability to make key decisions, set policies, manage expectations, and create communication strategies which balance between business need, IP disclosure, and customer satisfaction. Direct people management experiences a strong plus.
- Direct customer interaction experience required, including one-on-one or group customer interaction working independently as well as with teams to influence key decision makers at all levels required
- Understanding of key HW and SW trends within the Client or Server industry including form factors, power, performance, software applications, key component suppliers, and trending end customer usages required. A detailed understanding of data centers markets including Big Data, HPC, Content Delivery, OLTP, Virtualization, Private vs Public Cloud, Storage, Networking, and General Corporate IT Office applications a plus.
- SAS / SATA, Fibre Channel, or PCIe storage component and/or interface knowledge required. Experience with RAID controllers, HBAs, Expanders, and JBODs strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated proficiency to influence technical and marketing experts within Intel, at customers, and across the industry to arrive at solutions which align all stakeholders
- Established technical network, including the ability to influence across broad boundaries whit conflicting priorities
- Self-starter with a positive can do attitude, solid interpersonal and written communications skills, not afraid to jump-in and help
- Active listening skills, including experience investigating and understanding customer requirements as well as proactively identifying potential issues
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex engineering or customer engagement challenges
- Demonstrated experience summarizing, creating collateral, and delivering top ranked technical or sales training to both small and large audiences of technical experts
- Demonstrated business acumen and customer orientation skills
- An ideal candidate will demonstrate direct experience in storage system architecture, NAND and SSD functionality, testing methods, reliability, and system assist elements which extend NAND data integrity and cycling capability
- Technical marketing, applications engineering, customer qualification management, or technical program management related experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience building, growing, and leading teams, making and driving implementation of key business and technical decisions
- Broad understanding of Intel client and data center hardware platform roadmaps, capabilities popular data center applications, including software I/O interactions and opportunities for performance tuning
- Knowledge of SSD requirements, customers, operation, SAS, SATA, or PCIe protocol, and hands on server systems debug skills
Dec 27, 2012
Dec 28, 2013
Employees in Intel's NVM Solutions Group deliver solutions that are transforming computing across all segments from data centers to Ultrabooks. They invent, develop, bring to market and support customers with leading-edge NAND flash memory and system level solutions such as solid state drives (SSDs). SSDs are accelerating performance for gaming enthusiasts, reducing total cost of ownership for IT managers of data centers and improving security and reliability for businesses. This dynamic group is strategically positioned to become the leading Non-Volatile Memory solution supplier for the compute segment and is a key to expanding markets and continuing the growth for Intel.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 21 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...