*Two Temporary Positions *
Pay Grade: $10.18 - $13.68 per hour, FLSA non-exempt, Union represented.
Schedule: Fifteen (15) hours per week on a regular schedule to be determined at time of hire. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, substitute for other staff, and attend meetings. Temporary position from date filled through December 31, 2013.
Application Requirements: In addition to completing the application, please also include a resume. Apply through this site no later than 8:00 a.m. on Monday, February 27, 2013.
Performs a variety of library support tasks for the Pierce County Library System; processes library materials; assists in organizing and maintaining assigned branch collections; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Reports to an Assistant Branch Supervisor or Community Branch Supervisor; no supervisory responsibility is exercised.
Class specifications are intended to provide a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Delivers high-quality, customer-focused services.
- Sorts and checks in returned library materials; identifies damaged items.
- Monitors and empties book drops; unloads book bins and/or daily deliveries.
- Processes rotating library materials and holds.
- Organizes and shelves materials; performs shelf reading.
- Picks up discarded materials in public areas and returns to appropriate shelves.
- Evaluates and performs routine cleaning and mending of collection materials.
- Receives and unloads materials donated to the Library by customers.
- Responds to basic customer inquiries and/or refers questions to appropriate personnel.
- Provides assistance to Senior Branch Assistants, including answering incoming calls.
- Assists in organizing furniture and preparing materials for meetings and special programs.
- Demonstrates punctuality and regular and consistent attendance.
- Brings matters of public concern regarding waste, inefficiency, corruption, discrimination, and safety to the attention of Library Management.
- Accurately communicates the Library’s policies to members of the public in all job-related contacts.
- Interprets and explains the Library’s policies and procedures; resolves customers’ concerns and requests.
- Positively reflects Pierce County Library’s mission, vision, and values to members of the public and to staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Required Knowledge of:
- Customer service standards and protocols.
- General office practices and equipment.
- Computers and Windows-based software.
Required Skill in:
- Performing a variety of library support functions.
- Processing, sorting, and shelving library materials.
- Assisting in maintaining branch collection items.
- Responding to and/or referring basic library-related inquiries from the public.
- Any combination of education and experience which allows successful performance of the job.
Licenses, Certifications, and Special Requirements:
- Must pass local police and Washington State Adult/Child Abuse records check prior to hire.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends on a rotating schedule and to adapt to schedule changes on short notice is required.
Working Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in a public library environment.
- Subject to standing for extended periods of time, walking, bending, reaching, climbing ladders/stepstools, and lifting of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to lift and carry library materials and push/pull loaded carts.
- Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Pierce County Library - 12 months ago
Internet access to services of Pierce County Library System, in Pierce County, WA. Access library services, our library catalog and news...