The Sales Forecasting Analyst analyses trends and seasonality of products and ensures the timely completion of all company sales forecasts in close collaboration with Account Managers. The position is also responsible for continuously monitoring available inventory allocating it between Account groups while balancing allocations to Plan. We are looking for a team-oriented person with solid analytical and problem solving skills.
Reports to: EVP – Sales & Marketing
- Supports Account Managers in completing sound sales forecasts on year-round basis
- Analyses trends, seasonality and establishes weekly spread allocations per item and market area, for each customer group
- Establishes forecast planning schedules and ensures the Sales team’s adherence to timelines
- Establishes forecasting templates for new items, and sets up items in planning systems
- Ensures item and customer data maintenance in sales systems through regular audits
- Ensures accuracy of forecasts in Plan vs. Account Plan (proforma) vs. Production Plan
- Presents forecast drafts for review and approval by EVP Sales and COO and documents approved plan to Finance, Sites and Production
- Continuously monitors existing inventory and anticipates shortages or long items
- Collaborates with Inventory Staff to ensure availability meets sales plan on weekly basis
- Addresses product shortages and coordinates production changes (e.g. pot-ups, buy-ins, etc.) with Account Managers, Sites, Purchasing and corporate inventory functions
- Allocates available product by customer on weekly basis balancing needs, current variance to plan, ads and other factors
- Maintains and updates Customer Advertisements plan and completes regular site audits to ensure product availability
- Communicates long or push items to Account managers to ensure sales opportunities are captured and shrink is minimized
- Prepares weekly and monthly corporate sales reports and maintains Plan vs. Actual analysis tools for Account teams
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- AA or Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- Analytical sales operations experience; familiar with business metrics and forecasting
- Experience from FMCG industry is a plus
- Experience with MS Excel at an advanced level. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong planning, organizing and project management skills with a results focus.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with ability to perform successfully with daily deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and manage ever-changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to daily work cross-departmentally in an even-keeled manner
- Willingness to travel and work occasionally outside of normal business hours
About Smith Gardens
Smith Gardens, Inc. (SGI) is the largest greenhouse grower of plants such as annuals, perennials and poinsettias in the Pacific Northwest. SGI services customers in the Home Improvement, Mass Merchandise and Grocery channels and employs approx. 1,000 people in mid-season. The Company was established in 1901 and is headquartered in Bellingham, Washington, with four production operations located in Washington, Oregon and California.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a friendly, family-oriented and fast-paced environment.