To meet and exceed Straumann’s sales objectives for all Straumann products over a given territory by developing profitable relationships with select dental practices and their related team members and the dental community at large. The Territory Manager is responsible for increasing sales and customer satisfaction within an assigned geographic area. This requires an ability to uncover, understand and exceed customer expectations by “simply doing more."
Major Responsibilities of the Position:
- Manage an assigned geographic sales area to maximize sales revenue and meet the corporate sales objectives.
- Service existing accounts and grow that business.
- Identify, target and convert prospect accounts and new business with dentists and oral surgeons.
- Complete territory business plans, sales forecasts and a sales promotion activity budget.
- Support the execution of all marketing launch plans and new product sales objectives.
- Participate in regional and national trade shows.
Experience and Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of sales experience in high growth corporate markets.
- Medical device industry experience strongly preferred.
- Prior sales experience with physicians as the principal point of contact preferred.
- Proficiency in consultative selling with knowledge of the SPIN technique or related method preferred.
- Work Environment and Physical Demands
- General business environment. Extensive local travel may be required.
Straumann is a global leader in implant and restorative dentistry and oral tissue regeneration. Its recent combination with etkon, an emerging leader in CADCAM tooth restoration, makes Straumann the only company that provides solutions from bone augmentation and periodontal regeneration, through implants and abutments, to individualized ceramic inlays, crowns and bridges. By offering the ultimate technology and service, Straumann aims to be the partner of choice for dental professionals and their patients.
Since its foundation more than 50 years ago, the company has been characterized by a passion for innovation, scientific thoroughness, and entrepreneurial vision. This has led to many groundbreaking solutions that have shaped today’s industry standards.
Straumann’s exclusive and close cooperation with the International Team for Implantology (ITI), a renowned and independent scientific organization of more than 2000 leading experts, is unique in the industry. This collaboration ensures that the products and methods are scientifically well-founded, extensively documented and tested to provide outstanding and sustainable solutions for any clinical indication.
Straumann holds a leadership position in the worldwide market. Regionally the company is the market leader in Europe, and the number two in North America and the Asia/Pacific region.
The sector is considered to be one of the most exciting in the medical device area both in terms of long-term growth perspectives and opportunities for enhanced profitability. As penetration rates are still low, the market for implants and restorative dentistry and oral tissue regeneration products is expected to continue growing at around 15% annually for the next few years - which means that it is set to double over the next 5 years.
Straumann has been listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange since 1998 and is one of the outstanding success stories in the medical device universe. Since its IPO in 1998, the company has seen its share price rise more than 16-fold, yielding significant higher returns than medical device benchmarks and equity markets in general. As a result, the company has received a number of prestigious awards from business magazines and independent organizations for its growth, technological advances and sustainability initiatives. Furthermore, Straumann is included in the FTSE4Good Index, which means that it meets stringent social, ethical and environmental criteria and is positioned to capitalize on the benefits of responsible business practice.
Additional information is available on the internet at www.straumann.com.
Straumann - 18 months ago
Need stronger teeth to tackle your dinner? Straumann Holding could make it possible. The company is a global leader in manufacturing dental...