Job Description Summary
This position is located in San Francisco, California. It is scheduled to work 20 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. It is eligible for part-time benefits.
The Program Coordinator, Fast Track MBA (San Francisco, CA) is responsible for the overall administration and daily operations of the San Francisco campus facilities, in addition to the planning, delivery, and administration of Fast Track MBA campus event management. This is achieved by working closely with the Assistant Director, Fast Track MBA (San Francisco), Associate Director of Graduate Admissions, Senior Associate Director, Fast Track MBA , Administrative/Program Coordinator, students, vendors, administration, and faculty to deliver quality MBA experiences and determine opportunities for improvement.
• Campus & facilities management: Manage the daily operations and master calendar for the San Francisco campus. This includes maintaining the relationship with building management and ensuring compliance with building rules, policies, and regulations; maintaining inventory of general office, kitchen, and student and faculty supplies; scheduling equipment repair and maintenance as needed; and responsibility for purchasing and ordering supplies, restocking, minor tidying, coordinating repairs and installations if necessary for all classrooms, conference rooms, kitchen area, common area, and closets.
• Event management: Manage logistics and planning for Fast Track MBA and Admissions events. Events may be held on or off campus and may include receptions, visitor days for prospective students, workshops, seminars, speaker series, social/networking functions, meetings, and specialty courses (attendance at events is required). In addition, act as event liaison for different Babson departments who would like to use the San Francisco campus for events, courses, meetings, and receptions (attendance at these events is often required).
• Vendor & travel partner management: Negotiate, manage, and maintain contracts and relationships with key vendors (telephone, property management, catering) and travel partners (airlines, hotels, etc.).
• Campus Use: Act as the primary liaison for alumni and students who would like to use the campus which includes ensuring that campus use policies are signed and acknowledged; programming campus key card system; and providing students with keycards as necessary.
• Class Support: Provide onsite support for class meetings by helping faculty load presentations, answering student questions, and overseeing catering.
• Faculty assistance: Advises faculty of logistics with regards to travel, including airline discounts, hotel discounts, and transportation options to/from the airport and the SF campus.
• Graduate Admissions support: Participate in and support a range of Graduate Admissions efforts in coordination with the Graduate Admissions Operations, Recruiting teams, and the Associate Director, Fast Track MBA . Assists Graduate Admissions as needed for recruiting and admitting new students to the Fast Track MBA program which may include organizing events, finding volunteers, and confirming and communicating logistics with participants.
• Course management: Assist Assistant Director with uploading materials to the learning management system (Blackboard) such as course schedules, course material information, and organizing teams.
• Supports fellow Graduate Program and Admissions colleagues as needed in daily activities, special events, and recruiting events.
• Acts as resource for current and prospective students.
• Responsible for basic IT troubleshooting knowledge which includes the phone system, Wi-Fi, printer, Telepresence, and the AV system. Acts as the main point of contact with the IT department at Babson’s main campus in Wellesley, MA and works with the IT department on the usage and needs of the SF Campus.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelor’s degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
• A minimum of 2-4 years preferably in an academic setting
• Familiarity with facility operations and program management
• Must be comfortable interfacing with currents and prospective students
• Must display a high level of professionalism
• Must be task oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated effectiveness in working with a diverse student body, faculty, staff, and other constituents
• Requires some night and Saturday weekend hours per month in conjunction with program and admissions events
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• This position is a part-time, benefits eligible position scheduled for 20 hours per week, with opportunities for additional hours beyond the required 20 hours per week
Additional Required Skills & Abilities