Minimum 2 years of safety program experience including support of U.S. government contracts and projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide safety leadership, ensure compliance with corporate safety standards, implement safety directives, improve safety performance and ensure safety policies and procedures are aligned with client and state, federal, and local safety related regulations. Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and implement safety policies and procedures
• Provide new and current employee safety training on an ongoing basis
• Conduct job safety analysis and audits
• Support customer specific safety programs
• Coordination of training for company
• Plan, implement and coordinate safety programs to comply with customer and OSHA requirements.
• Develop accident-prevention and/or loss-control programs for incorporation into company policies.
• Inspect the machinery, equipment and working conditions in industrial or other setting to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations and equipment for conformance with governmental standards.
• Observe employees at work to determine compliance with safety precautions and proper use of prescribed safety equipment, such as glasses, helmets, goggles, respirators and safety shoes.
• Assist Production Managers/Supervisors in coordinating safety activities to ensure implementation and compliance of required corporate and OSHA safety requirements.
• Investigate accidents to ascertain causes for use in recommending preventive safety measures and developing safety program.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge of OSHA regulations related to industrial hygiene as well as relevant industrial hygiene practices and procedures. Specific topics such as permissible exposure limits, respiratory protection, engineering controls, hazard communication, hearing conservation, workplace health program, and other industrial hygiene issues.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, OSHA regulations and standards, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Knowledge and background in Government contracting.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Required training certificates prior to employment:
• OSHA 511 – Standards for General Industry
• OSHA 521 - OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene
• OSHA 2225 - Respiratory Protection
OTHER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Certified Safety Professional (CSP); ability to understand processes and improve or refine them; ability to document and understand lessons learned; ability to develop Power Point presentations; ability to interact with databases. Ability to communicate both orally and written correspondence. Demonstration of compliance with Federal and State statutory regulations and laws regarding workplace safety, sexual harassment, and EEO mandates.
• MUST be a US Citizen
• Successful candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a government-issued security clearance of secret level or higher; interim may be required before starting employment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience.
BENEFITS: PPO HEALTH, VISION, DENTAL, GROUP LIFE, 401K, SHORT/LONG TERM DISABILITY, PERSONAL TIME-OFF (PTO) AND 10 PAID HOLIDAYS
*All resume submissions must provide personal email for correspondence.
Tri Star Engineering, Inc - 21 months ago