Manages all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the store, including sales, customer service, recruiting, training, profits, and maintaining store standards. Supervises and manages all store personnel, including implementing and enforcing company policies and procedures and corporate directives. Maintains effective corporate office business partner relationships. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 2+.
Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school;
or two years related retail or service-oriented experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
Previous multi-unit management and training experience preferred.
Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive
Standing required for entire work shift
Operate office equipment (i.e., computers, phone, fax and copier)
Must work weekend and night shifts
Climb ladders as needed
Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed
Occasional travel, often with little advance notice is required (including air
and overnight travel less than 15%)
For Internal Candidates:
The employee has completed at least 90 days of employment.
This is not a high 'shrink' store/skatepark.
The employee has not received an Action Plan in the last 60 days.
The employee has completed all required training for this promotion.
1. Provide excellent service to the customer by greeting, welcoming, fitting, and assisting them with finding items in their size and by offering the customer diverse and complimentary products to ensure they experience the full breadth of our product offerings, all while achieving performance and sales objectives as agreed upon with the Store Management.
2. Manages payroll and store scheduling within established guidelines to ensure proper coverage based on business needs
3. Trains and motivates associates to achieve maximum sales productivity and ensures that sals plans are achieved
4. Ensures proper sales promotional set-up of store and maintenance of sales floor and stock room to create a neat, clean, and well presented store
5. Communicates with District Manager regarding all employee relations, day-to-day operations and any compliance related matters
6. Adheres to policies and procedures, standards and practices and company directives including Loss Prevention, Health and Safety, Human Resources and proper cash handling procedures
7. Ensures compliance with all HR/Payroll requirements according to established standards and practices including new hires, rehires, positions changes, suspensions, and terminations
8. Recruits, hires, develops and retains store personnel
VF Corporation - 15 months ago
The movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High put Vans sneakers on the map, but the company owes its current popularity to the fashion sense of...