Responsibilities include providing technical expertise to the field on problem determination/isolation and providing action plans to resolve client issues on modular systems/ servers. The Product Engineer (PE) may also provide technical expertise in support of critical client situation resolution. This role serves as the Field's interface to Development for the identification and analysis of design, architecture and process issues and for driving those issues to resolution. A PE is expected to manage pervasive field issues and provide field communication on fix releases. PE support begins at pre-product introduction and continues through the product end of life.
Key Activities include:
1. Use lab hardware to replicate customer configuration in order to replicate customer failure mechanisms.
2. Read and interpret hardware error logs & OS logs to isolate customer problems.
3. Use specialized debug equipment like scopes and analyzers to isolate complex client problems.
4. Work with suppliers, development, and test to drive fixes for field issues.
5. Participate on pre-product activities, taking technical positions for defect deferrals and HW design changes.
6. Interface with client teams and customers to explain technical solutions and maintain customer satisfaction.
7. Generate technical documentation for service personnel and clients to follow.
8. Provide on-site assistance to resolve critical client technical issues (when required)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Hands on experience working with Intel based servers.
- Hands on experience installing various Operating Systems: Windows, SUSE, RedHat, AIX/ UNIX and VMware.
- Fundamental knowledge in networking concepts and design.
High School Diploma/GED
Readiness to travel 10% travel annually
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. Major operations include Global Technology...