About Platte County Memorial Hospital
Platte County Memorial Hospital offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient services, including an Outpatient Clinic which brings in more than 20 of the region's top physicians in nine different medical specialties to help care for southeast Wyoming residents. A $16 million renovation created a new inpatient wing, surgical suite, and diagnostic imaging departments while making enhancements to the emergency department and laboratory. In Wheatland, Wyoming, you’ll enjoy a quality lifestyle in a close-knit community that is located just 70 miles north of Wyoming’s capital city of Cheyenne. You’ll experience a wealth of recreational opportunities in southern Wyoming, including many lakes and the nearby Laramie Peak and Medicine Bow National Forest areas. We are also an easy drive from all of the recreational and cultural activities available in Colorado's Rocky Mountains and the city of Denver.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position performs waived and non-waived tests as defined by CLIA ‘88 in an accurate and timely manner with supervision. Assists with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agencies and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA ’88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA).
- Organizes and performs or supports patient testing and facilitates overall efficient function of the entire lab. Ensures quality results through the collection and analysis of appropriate samples, use and evaluation of control materials, testing consistent with state licensure requirements, and proper instrument maintenance.
- Recognizes abnormal results or unusual circumstances and takes appropriate actions. Utilizes available resources to maintain and fix instruments or problem solve issues in collaboration with the Medical Technologist.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills applicable to job assignment through continuing education or professional organizations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all automated systems used in the department and can perform basic troubleshooting of system problems. Demonstrates competence and complies with pertinent accrediting agency and regulatory requirements.
- Orders and maintains inventory of testing supplies in designated area. Recognizes and provides input for opportunities for improvements in financial performance.
- May be required to perform basic phlebotomy.
Military applicant must be a high school graduate or equivalent and have successfully completed an official military medical laboratory procedures course of at least 50 weeks duration and have held the military enlisted occupational specialty of Medical Laboratory Specialist (Laboratory Technician) OR a student in a recognized MLT program who has completed a clinical rotation in the area of hire and will receive MLT (ASCP or equivalent) certification within one year from completion of the program. MLT/ASCP certification or equivalent. (Equivalent is defined as ASCP, AMT, HEW, AAB.) Demonstrates highly developed interpersonal skills and is proficient in basic computer skills. Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills, and high level of self-motivation. Use of mathematics, perform detailed work; work with frequent interruptions, multi-task, problem solve and memorization, Ability to take direction and assimilate instructions quickly.
Bachelor’s degree in a chemical or biological science and applicable laboratory experience. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 19 months ago