Provide comprehensive health care services to Alicia Roberts Medical Center (ARMC) patients on an outpatient and emergency basis. Family Practice physicians provide healthcare to infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients. Participates in an active role as a medical staff member of SEARHC Community Health Services. Inpatient level healthcare is provided in the Frontier Extended Stay Clinic (FESC) for up to 48 hours equivalent to that provided on an inpatient medical floor of a hospital. Medevac flights that require complex decision making are coordinated through the clinic and require a comprehensive understanding of air transport issues and regional health care services.
Baseline Qualification Requirements:
- M.D. or D.O. degree
- Completion of an accredited family practice, internal medicine or emergency medicine residency or a four year Med/Peds program.
- Board Certification or eligibility through the American Board of Family Medicine or another pertinent board, i.e., Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics. *Experience providing treatment for patients of all ages. *ACLS and PALs must be completed within six months of hire.
- Active, unrestricted Alaska Medical License issued by the Alaska State Medical Board. Active, unrestricted DEA license.
- PALS, ACLS and ATLS certification are desired.
- Ongoing continuing medical education to maintain clinical knowledge and skills to meet staff licensure requirements.