Hours per day: 8
District employees will need to complete the online transfer application.
Note : Substitutes and student teachers are not eligible for the transfer application.
Index 01/C/01: $9.81/hour
Classified Salary Schedule
2012-2013 School Year
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year of experience in cleaning school buildings, other large buildings or related activities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet requirements to drive District vehicles.
- Knowledge of modern cleaning methods and preferred methods of cleaning and preserving floors, walls and fixtures.
- Knowledge of cleaning and disinfecting materials, tools and equipment used in custodial work.
- Knowledge of tools and their use for minor maintenance work.
- Ability to quickly learn the schedules, procedures, and use of tools and equipment used in custodial work.
- Ability to follow and give oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with district personnel, students and the public.
- During student vacation periods, may be assigned to a district crew.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions in fingering and hand/wrist/arm movements and standing for four or more hours at a time. Occasionally related job tasks may require, with or without reasonable accommodation, lifting up to 50 pounds, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, pushing, grasping and reaching.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Application Requirements :
A completed online application with the chosen job must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date shown. Selected applicants will be contacted for interviews. Upon hire, applicants are required to clear a criminal justice fingerprint and background check. Employment for this position is “at will”. Employment at Will means that the employee or the District may terminate the employment relationship with or without cause (which shall be defined as any reason which is not “arbitrary and capricious”, and which does not violate public policy) and with or without notice, at any time. As per Idaho Code 65-5-1/65-503: "Eligible veterans are provided advantages in public employment in Idaho…”
Applicants who have chosen vacancies without a closing date will be considered as needed.
Classified district employees may apply by completing the Online Specific Position Transfer Application. The on-line transfer application can be found at https://jobs1.boiseschools.org/WinOcular/WorkSpace/
Positions may or may not be filled, depending upon district need.
Benefits Information :
Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Public Employees’ Retirement System are provided to Classified employees who work at least half time (20 hours per week) or more in a regular position and to Certified employees with a .50 FTE or greater contract.
Boise School District - 21 months ago