At Block by Block, we "hire for personality and train for skills." If you enjoy being outdoors, have an outgoing personality, like to smile and have a sincere desire to help others, apply today to join the winning team at Block by Block. Hospitality Ambassadors will be primarily responsible for engaging as many visitors as possible. They will be cross trained to provide both hospitality, but also be able to recognize safety or quality of life concerns and report these to the Safety Ambassadors/supervisor for resolution. Hospitality Ambassadors main focus is to engage the public.
- SERVING AS A DETERRENT patrol on foot and bike to circulate through assigned zone to deter unwanted activity through uniformed visible presence.
- OBSERVE AND REPORT while on patrol be watchful for unwanted behaviors or criminal activity and report to local authorities via established communication methods. Must be able to articulate an accurate description of persons, vehicles, and other similar identifiers.
- ADDRESS UNWANTED ACTIVITIES Ambassadors will firmly and courteously request compliance to persons violating low level quality of life crimes, such as aggressive panhandling, non-aggressive panhandling, loitering, disruptive behavior, etc.
- HOSPITALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE While on patrol will go out of the way to actively acknowledge pedestrians with a friendly greeting or identify visitors in order to provide directions, information, city information or recommendations.
- STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS Ambassadors will be responsible for making a specified number of visits to district businesses to share information and make professional contacts on behalf of the customer.
- REPORTING must be able to develop written Incident Reports and Property Condition Reports. As well, Ambassadors must provide a daily written report to document shift activities
- PROFESSIONALISM Must maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures and overall Block by Block standards of expected professionalism
- PHYSICAL ABILITIES
Must have the physical capacity to walk continuously during an eight hour shift, with normal breaks (two fifteen minutes, and one thirty minute meal break).
Must be able to work outdoors in all conditions with provided inclement weather gear.
- COMMUNICATION Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in order to create basic reports.
- High School Diploma
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Training
- Monetary recognition award programs
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly Pay
Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
Block by Block - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
A successful Improvement District understands that a clean, safe and friendly environment sets the stage for growth and prosperity.