Associate Manager - Employee Communications-1300338
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position, reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, will be responsible for developing and maintaining the internal communications program that pinpoints BASF’s strategic messages and effectively delivering those messages internally across North America. The Manager uses various forms of communication, including newsletters (print and online), intranet, social media tools and face-to-face forums. In addition, the manager works closely with other units and executives within the company, counseling them on the best ways to communicate information to the employees and to ensure alignment of messages and plans.
- Strong people and networking skills and the ability to communicate with employees at all levels within the organization
- Ability to manage deadlines and quickly change priorities to deliver results as part of a fast-paced, dynamic team
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently
- Deep understanding and execution of being a team player
- Creativity to develop solutions to complex problems
- Ability to drive change, and develop and implement creative communications
- Exceptional writing and editing ability
- Analytic and persuasive skills, ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to create effective and collaborative internal communications processes and share best practices across the global employee communications team
Ability to measure the effectiveness of the implemented communications programs
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- BA or BS degree required. Educational focus in Journalism, Communications, or similar discipline strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Corporate Communications or a combination of corporate communications plus journalist writing required
- Proven ability to work successfully in a large matrixed organization required.
- Proven ability to use multiple communications platforms, including digital, print and events
- Excellent writing skills required. Previous experience in journalistic writing strongly preferred. Experience publishing corporate newsletters a plus.
- Must demonstrate previous experience working with executives on corporate communication plans.
- Previous experience managing vendors for communications projects required.
Must be willing and able to travel up to 20% of the time.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Function: MARK - Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with about 112,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide we serve...