The Chubb Group of Insurance Companies is currently seeking a Legal Secretary to join the House Counsel team of its Chicago, Illinois office. The position requires an individual who will support the attorneys, secretaries and firm administrator to complete all assignments in a timely manner; prepare pleadings and documents for court filings and in preparation for trial or early resolution of case; prepare routine letters and documents; process incoming mail, faxes and e-mail; transcribe dictation containing pleadings, motions and other correspondence, as necessary; work with firm administrator on coding and processing of case-related invoices.
The Legal Secretary should possess the following competencies:
* 2-3 years experience in personal injury litigation process with insurance defense is preferred.
* Excellent customer service manner as well as a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word is essential.
* The ability to navigate and effectively manage a case management system is required.
* Strong analytical skills as well as superior written and verbal communication skills as well as detail orientation are necessary.
* Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to work in a high volume office and team environment are essential.
* The candidate should be positive, energetic, and highly self motivated.
* The candidate should possess high initiative and have the ability to work independently.
* The ability to perform legal research is preferred.
* Candidate must be able to multitask, adapt to changing priorities and possess the skills necessary to work under pressure.
Chubb Group - 18 months ago