Provides information to guest/visitor inquiries and coordinates all guest requests for special arrangements or services, courteously and efficiently. Attends to immediate needs of all guests pre-arrival, throughout stay, and post-stay.
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
2. Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
3. Provide legible communication.
4. Compute basic arithmetic.
5. 1 year experience in a similar position in a 5 star style hotel/resort.
6. Knowledge of local attractions, services and suppliers/vendors.
7. Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers.
8. Ability to:
9. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize and organize.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guest’s service needs.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
1. College degree or formal training in the Hospitality Industry.
2. Certification of previous training in guest relations.
3. Knowledge of Go Concierge, Open Table & Opera operating systems.
4. Certification in CPR.
1. Exert physical effort in transporting 15 pounds.
2. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
3. Reaching Remain in stationary position for 8 hours throughout work shift.
4. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Develop and maintain guest profiles.
3. Communicate pertinent information to Front Office Manager and Assistant Front Office Manager.
4. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
5. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
6. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
7. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
8. Report to work as scheduled, in proper uniform, and in accordance with company’s personal appearance standards.
9. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
10. Maintain complete knowledge of:
a) all resort features/services, hours of operation.
b) all resort restaurant food concepts, menu price range, dress code and ambiance.
c) all resort room types, numbers/names, layout, appointments, amenities and locations.
d) all resort room rates, special packages and promotions.
e) daily house count and expected arrivals/departures (particularly VIPs).
f) scheduled daily group activities, names and location of meeting/banquet rooms.
g) local events, attractions, holiday schedules.
h) all room types
i) elevator systems
8. Meet with Supervisor/departing Concierge to review business status and follow up actions.
9. Access all functions of computer system in accordance with departmental specifications.
10. Set up work station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness throughout shift.
12. Maintain updated resource materials on all vendors and information to accommodate guest requests.
13. Review designated in-house guest list and be familiar with guests' names and room locations.
14. Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
15. Accommodate all guest requests expediently and courteously. Follow up with designated resort personnel to ensure completion of request.
16. Coordinate guest requests with designated vendors which may include:
a) Room accommodations
b) Airline reservations, changes, cancellations
c) Transportation from resort to airport and return
d) Bus/train transportation
e) Limousine reservations
f) Car rentals
g) Car repair and servicing
h) Charter flights/rentals
i) Babysitting services
j) Banking/financial services
k) Business center services/fax or telex services/mailing and delivery services
l) Interpretation services
m) Notary services
n) Restaurant reservations, nightclub activities
o) Dry cleaning, laundry, alterations, repairs
p) Film and photography needs.
q) Sporting events, golf facilities, sport and athletic activities/rentals, outdoor activities, health club facilities
r) Formal wear rentals
t) Salon appointments
u) Shoe shines
v) Shopping services
w) Movie/theater/attraction tickets
x) Sightseeing tours
y) Medical services
z) Religious services
19. Legibly document all pertinent information in guest request log(s). Monitor and update log book(s) throughout the shift.
20. Place orders for amenities and coordinate delivery of amenities to designated guest rooms.
21. Legibly complete confirmation cards and deliver to guest upon completion of each arrangement coordinated for guest.
22. Relay accurate directions to guests' desired destination within local area and distribute maps with highlighted routes.
23. Compile weekly City Events Sheet detailing special activities and events within the local area; distribute to all departments.
24. Assist guests in locating and retrieving lost luggage.
26. Inspect blocked VIP rooms, using the checklist, prior to guest arrival; rectify any deficiencies.
27. Inform guests of resort services/features and room amenities.
28. Telephone newly registered guests in 10 minutes after check-in to establish guest needs and satisfaction. Follow up on any guest requests.
29. Adhere to all cashiering procedures:
30. Take, record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
31. Accept and record wake-up call requests; deliver to PBX.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assist PBX, Front Desk, Bell Stand and Reservations as assigned.
2. Provide guest room and resort tours.
3. Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager.
The Inn of the Anasazi, A Rosewood Hotel, functions 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. All employees must realize and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move employees from their accustomed shifts as business demands. In addition it is understood that business determines the amount of hours that are worked, and that some weeks may be scheduled at less than 40 hours and other weeks at more than 40 hours.
All employees must be willing to train other members of the staff by passing along knowledge and skills to assist them in their development and the advancement of your own.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Rosewood Hotels and Resorts - 11 months ago
At Rosewood, we are devoted to creating hotels and resorts unlike any other in the world. Since 1979, we have bestowed each of our propertie...