Information Systems Engineer Location: Nashville, TN
Requisition #: 1117
Why Work at PREMIER?
PREMIER’s Engineers are some of the most talented and engaged Engineers in the industry. We offer a mind stimulating, challenging career through a variety of projects across various industries. We work in small teams, build strong relationships with our colleagues and customers, and provide many opportunities for career development. For all of these reasons and more, our Engineers have a strong sense of accomplishment and choose to call PREMIER home.
PREMIER System Integrators, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package; including above average salary, quarterly profit-sharing, full medical & dental insurance, health savings account, flexible spending for both medical and dependent care, short and long-term disability, company paid holidays and training, 401K matching, and life insurance. We also believe in work-life balance for our employees.
Information Systems Engineer Summary:
PREMIER is looking for the best Information Systems Engineers out there to join our talented team. As a leader in providing industrial automation and integration services, you will gain exposure to a variety of industries including Automotive, Food, Beverage, and/or Dairy. Responsibilities will include:
*Full job description can be accessed via link at bottom of page
- Provides HMI design and development for systems of varied complexity.
- Develops and evaluates alternative system solutions that meet stated requirements.
- Modifies program/system logic involving multiple systems and subsystems.
- Develops proficiency in several programming languages and control device networks for PLCs, PCs, or DCS systems.
- Interacts with customers to gain an understanding of the business environment. Defines scope, plans and deliverables for assigned work.
- Regional travel 20-25%
- A minimum of a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years work experience in industrial controls or factory automation.
- Must have HMI design and development experience including PLC communications, tag configuration, logical screen development, historization, and alarming (Wonderware and/or Rockwell preferred).
- Experience in data collection and reporting of plant floor data is desired, especially in the Rockwell Suite of Information Products (FT Historian, Metrics, VantagePoint).
- Must have database experience (MS SQL preferred), including normalized table design and stored procedure development. Experience in one or more PLC platforms is required (Allen-Bradley ControlLogix experience is preferred).
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail, and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours, if necessary to minimize business interruption during planned or unplanned system modifications.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without restrictions. PREMIER is not currently accepting work visas.
- Experience successfully managing technical projects through the entire project cycle including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, commissioning, and closing phases a plus.
- Familiar with common Project Management tools for managing budget, schedule, and scope of various size projects a plus.
- Experience successfully managing projects with teams of 1 to 2 engineers a plus.
- Experience mentoring engineers on a technical level a plus.
If interested, please apply now. No third party applicants.
Founded in 1991 to provide turnkey system integration services for manufacturing facilities in the southeast, PREMIER System Integrators,...