Professional: Security Compliance
USA-CT: CONNECTICUT-EAST HARTFORD
Remote Work Authorized
Feb 13, 2013, 4:25:20 PM
Essential Job Functions
- Administers access control processes which may include badging, rights for accessing databases or other technologies by adding or removing user names from access control lists to ensure/maintain the integrity of and safeguard information.
- Oversees maintaining of current set of valid users, issuing and recalling certificates and secure identifications to and from individual users and defining groups. Ensures passwords are reset as needed to maintain appropriate access control. Coordinates the visitor control process to ensure that only authorized personnel are granted access to security information including badge requirements.
- Coordinates and monitors sensitive aspects of security programs to ensure compliance with client, government and/or company security policies and procedures. Administers the production and submission of appropriate government forms to ensure the proper guidance for the protection and handling of industrial security, NSI and other security information.
- Develops and implements security procedures, ensuring compliance with program requirements, policies, procedures and processes including personnel, physical and administrative security systems and procedures. Participates in security procedures associated with the accreditation of information systems. Conducts audits to ensure adherence.
- Ensures destruction of confidential information in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Develops, coordinates and may conduct security education programs to assist in educating personnel about security systems, individual security responsibilities and the importance of security.
- Investigates or oversees the investigation of losses and security violations and recommends corrective actions. Implements approved course of action as appropriate. Develops investigative reports and documentation as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, business management, criminal justice or related field preferred
- Four or more years of experience in security policies and procedures, information systems security or computer operations
- Experience working with company software and hardware products
- Experience working with domain structures, user authentication and digital signatures
- Experience working with industrial and/or National Security Information security systems and implementation procedures
- Possess a security clearance as required by contract or government regulations (i.e. at the Secret level and/or certified information security systems professional (CISSP) certification)
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Research skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members, customers, management and support personnel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of security systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
CSC - 18 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...