Java/Middleware Application Developer, Lead (AI) (USA)-733968
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our mission is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment that values diversity of thought and ideas where people from a variety of backgrounds guided by our shared Values come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work!
As an associate at Capital One, you will have a high level of responsibility and autonomy from day one and can challenge yourself to excel alongside the brightest talent in the industry. Capital One is a place where you’re given the opportunity to make a big impact. We have built a progressive financial services powerhouse and become a leading Fortune 200 company. Here you’ll find a fast-paced, teamwork-oriented environment that values collaboration and technical abilities.
Capital One is actively seeking an experienced Lead Application Developers/Technical Lead, with expertise in leading software engineers on complex and high priority IT projects for new innovations, process improvements, or operations. The primary responsibility of the Master Application Developer is to lead the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. In addition, he/she will provide functional, technical, and/or process leadership. Successful candidates will have experience as a Senior Developer, as well as managing software designers and developers through project design, development and delivery.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Perform complex applications programming activities. Codes, tests, debugs.
- Drive tactical delivery for multiple teams.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs.
- Manage standard system processes and enhancements to system. Ensure that solution design adheres to good software design practices
- Accountable for overall solution design quality
- Ensure adherence to defined Software Development Life cycle and Architecture strategy and intent.
- Provide functional, technical, and/or process leadership. .
- Work with business systems analysts, project managers, and customers to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development.
- Work with performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Manage associate/contractor development resources.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs.
- Contribute to defining time tables and project plans
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Business, Information Systems or Engineering
- 10+ years experience in the following Technologies / Tools:
- Java / J2EE
- SOA / ESB / Web Services
- Unix / Shell Scripting
- Database Technologies, i.e. SQL / RDBMS
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems
- 5+ Years experience as Senior Developer in IT Projects leading development teams
- 5+ years experience on Java Web Services technologies like JAXB, JAXWS, WSDL, XML Schema, XSLT, Weblogic and Spring Framework
- 2+ Years Oracle BPEL or any other BPEL / BPMS Development experience
- UML Modeling Tool, Eclipse IDE, Visio,
- XMLSpy / Tools for WSDL / XSD / XPATH / XQUERY mgmt
- JUNIT / SOAPUI / Web Service Test Tools
- Ant, Clearcase (or other Software Configuration & Versioning tool).
- Sun Certified Java Programmer/Developer, Oracle (Weblogic) SOA Suite, Spring framework certification
- Performance Testing and tuning experience with Java, Spring framework, Oracle SOA
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : United States-Delaware-Wilmington-New Castle Co DE-ING Spaarpot (18052)
Schedule : Full-time
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting :
Unposting Date :
Capital One - 20 months ago
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...