PLEASE NOTE: Position is located in Nashville, TN, through Thomas Nelson, Inc
Please Apply Here: www.business.thomasnelson.com/employment
Hiring Range: $32 - $37k
The Content Analyst works with cross-functional teams as directed by the Digital Product Manager. Teams include the Chalice dev team, content ops, third-party providers, and other departments including Publishing, Editorial, Marketing, and Production. Recordkeeping and occasional management reporting will also be required.
- Ingest approved digital files into Chalice and prepare content for division into micro-components and extraction for marketing initiatives and new product development.
- Review accuracy of Chalice search results and take corrective action where necessary.
- Recommend platform enhancements and new feature sets.
- Assist in coordinating digital content testing procedures, using best practices methodologies.
- Verify that final digital files and physical products meet/exceed compliance with DigiReady publishing & industry standards.
- Ensure timely delivery of approved digital files and physical products meet/exceed compliance with DigiReady publishing & industry standards.
- Ensure timely delivery of approved digital files and metadata to Digital Content Coordinator for ingestion into Coresource.
- Work collaboratively to identify and resolve issues, implement test strategies, respond to data assurance and workflow questions, and provide feedback regarding product presentation and functionality.
- Document test approaches, issue logs and status reports.
- Participate in continuous improvement of digital content workflow to TNI’s digital assets.
- Participate in tracking titles in various file formats through the digital content development process.
- Assist in documenting digital workflow procedures and file specifications for all types of content (text, audio, and video) using Microsoft applications (including Visio and SharePoint) and other project management aids.
- Other duties related to digital content as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Personal Characteristics):
- At least1 year of experience working in a technical environment with multiple digital formats
- Experience with data transmissions, FTP, ingestion portals, metadata and web technologies
- Experience with eBook file formats and/or mobile apps
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Word, Adobe Professional, and project management tools
- Proficient with Mac and PC systems, eReaders, Tablets and Mobile Devices
- Self-starter with ability to work independently/as a team member
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with passion for great customer service.
Zondervan is an EOE
- 3+ years of experience working in a technical environment with multiple digital formats
- Editorial experience preferred
- Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of XMP, ePub, Mobi and mobile app file formats
- Familiarity with other multimedia file formats such as mp3, wav, mpeg4, fly and avi is a plus
- BA or BS in related field
HarperCollins Publishers Inc. - 2 years ago