The Operations Project Engineer (Machining & Tool Manufacturing) will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, and reporting data related to developing and implementing specific projects. This position will work closely with the Tool Room Team, Tool Designers, Product Development and Production team to help define and execute tool room strategies/projects that support operational goals and organizational growth. The Operations Project Engineer will act as a liaison between vendors, operations and the engineering departments. This individual will work to develop an understanding of the operations environment and works with key stakeholders to improve deliverables to value add process. The Project Engineer will be able to balance the role of process leader and coach and influence key team members to develop solutions that improve cost, quality, and performance. This critical role will help define capacity, capability, and ensure that the tool room supports the operations environment in meeting the division’s strategic objectives.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technical discipline OR an equivalent combination of experience and education
- 5 to 7 years of experience in machining or tool and die making with a proven track record of process design and equipment definition, acquisition and commissioning
- Demonstrated success in the application of lean/CI concepts in a machining / tool room environment
- Demonstrated success in improving productivity, efficiency, uptime and cost
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven project management skills in leading multiple projects at various levels, Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Suite
- Excellent analytical skills in providing optimum engineering solutions
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and influencing others to achieve results
- Demonstrated leadership experience in working with and leading cross functional teams
- Critical thinking skills to understand the strategic direction of the business and weigh the economic cost benefit of projects
For an opportunity to become part of our team, please submit your résumé along with a cover letter and salary requirements OR an employment application by any of the following methods.
Email: email@example.com . (Microsoft Word documents are preferred)
Attn: Human Resources
3700 W. Milwaukee Road
Milwaukee, WI 53208
Charter Manufacturing Company, Inc. is a privately owned holding company for a fully integrated family of American companies that has...