Maintains smooth operation of multi-user Linux/UNIX computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for ensuring customers are successful in deploying SenSage products.
- Successful product implementations
- Establish good will and satisfaction with customers leading to future product and services revenue
- Effective knowledge transfer to customers
- Design architecture involving interoperating Linux systems, data flow and external integration
- Install, configure, integrate and troubleshoot SenSage software
- Facilitate problem resolution with SenSage technical support
- Monitor customer's production system
- Act as SenSage's technical representative to customer
8+ Years with HS or 5+ Years with AA or 2+ Years with BS Required Experience:
- Shall have at least three (3) years experience as a Linux/UNIX Systems Administrator; experience administering user accounts, performing server subsystem configuration, network management, installation of software, performing backups, configuration management and general system maintenance.
- Shall have understanding of fundamental networking and distributed computing environment concepts, performance tuning and capacity planning of servers (hardware and software levels), and the ability to write simple Perl/Shell scripts.
- Shall have strong customer service, organizational skills, knowledge of applicable policies and procedures. -Exceptional customer-facing communication skills
- Team player and strong relationship-builder -Ability to work successfully under pressure in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to clearly and succinctly describe technical issues -Intermediate to advanced-level knowledge (installation and configuration through troubleshooting and third-party integration) of Linux (RedHat, SuSE)
- Extensive system administration experience in the use of Unix (HP/UX, Solaris, AIX, Linux) Preferred Skills:
- Self-starter, capable of working both independently and in team environments.
- Knowledge of query syntax, data flows and of how to manipulate traffic.
- Understanding of analytical needs and requirements.
BAE Systems - 2 years ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...