Plans, develops, and implements or directs the implementation of goals, objectives,
policies and priorities relating to Transportation operations.
· Ensures that personnel safety procedures and
standards are strictly observed.
· Maintainsnecessary operational, maintenance and administrative records.
· Performs administrative duties, including regular operational reports and statistical
records relative to operations’ performance, budget preparation, etc.
· Recommends changes for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of Transportation
· Participates in recruitment and selection activities; makes recommendations for appointment
of new staff; assists with staff orientation and training.
· Supervises direct reports (staff) including provision of timely performance evaluations;
recommends and implements approved discipline; provides staff development; and
maintains high standards necessary for efficient, professional operations.
· Provides customer liaison; ensuring safe and efficient operations; and maintaining
delivery of high quality work and service.
· Maintains and continuously improves the Transportation management plan.
· Ensures the best technical and business solutions for customers.
· Provides subject matter and service expertise.
· Provides “front line” risk management for the company.
· Works with Company’s leadership team to assess and ensure compliance with the Transportation management plan against
internal (policy/procedure) and external (contract/program) requirements;
reports regularly on results.
· Develops, implements and monitors criteria for evaluating program and business processes.
· Organizes and facilitates regularly scheduled Transportation training with the leadership team and staff as needed
to educate and implement quality and strategy.
· Develops training for employees in Transportation improvement principles and contract compliance requirements.
· Remains knowledgeable about state-of-the-art industry practices, business trends, management process
techniques, and measurement tools.
Facilitates investigations and corrective actions to ensure services satisfy customers'
expectations and regulatory requirements.
Audits contract performance for compliance with Navy Transportation requirements. Ensures contract deliverables are submitted on time, are accurate, and meet contract requirements.
· Individual will have access to confidential/sensitive information and therefore maintains confidentiality and
acts professionally at all times.
· Pays attention to detail and demonstrates ability to remain flexible to meet ever-changing requirements.
· Works closely with technical and non-technical peers, cross-functional groups and senior management to promote
successful delivery of Navy Transportation services to our internal and
· Develops short and long-term plans for assigned annex together with supporting budgets.
· Manages the resources of the Transportation staff for all projects and services.
· Handles staffing and personnel management duties and provides hands-on leadership, guidance, and career growth
opportunities to the Transportation staff/ workforce.
· Partners with Government counterparts to ensure Company’s commitment to excellence.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in technical specialty or directly related to the work of the
· A minimum of seven (7) years management experience in a transportation center/
facilities of a size and scope similar to that of Naval Base Guam with at least
three years experience as Director or Manager in charge of the operations.
· Experienced in the operational, maintenance, and administrative areas/ functions of an
industrialized/ commercial transportation program, with significant preference
given to Navy Transportation experience.
· Successful experience in a military environment as an independent field manager plus
supervisory capacity in a remote location desired.
· Knowledge of government contracting and regulations.
· Proven ability to successfully lead an operations’ organization.
· Superior skills and experience in innovativegeneral management, administration, team-building, and decision making.
· Strong analytical and problem solving abilities; ability to react quickly and decisively in
· Military BOS contract work experience preferred.
· Highly developed technical, leadership, organizational, communications (written,oral and presentation),
interpersonal, and management skills.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Able to work in a team environment across all levels of the organization.
- Able to manage subordinates, projects and workflow effectively.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple and competing
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office required: Word, Excel,
- Able to integrate commercial, technical and execution aspects of project delivery
into a full service package to satisfy client/customer requirements.
- Able to perform functions as itemized in physical and
environmental requirements of the job Outlook, and PowerPoint.
PAE - 16 months ago
From our founding in 1955, PAE has offered exceptional integrated global mission services to a wide range of customers, including the U.S....