Datacenter Operations Technician III - 20071
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Job Title Datacenter Operations Technician III
Category Information Technology
Location US-TX-Grapevine Grapevine, TX 76051, US
Education High School
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible for maintaining the data center environment and ensuring all customer server environments are secure, operational, and highly available through continuous proactive monitoring, customer support, and scheduled maintenance preparation.
- Builds, upgrades, configures, provisions and installs servers from scratch spanning several different platforms and configurations.
- Performs basic monitoring, troubleshooting and repair of all aspects of servers, operating systems and hardware.
- Responds to customer impacting events. Upgrades and downgrades servers. Removes hardware from server environments.
- Monitors all Electrical, Mechanical and Emergency Generator systems and reports issues as appropriate.
- Performs routine maintenance activities on customer server environments.
- Assists in the planning of server environments.
- Basic knowledge of x86-based hardware components including the ability to build a fully functioning system.
- Clear understanding of storage principles including troubleshooting RAID technology and operating system disk management.
- Ability to perform basic recovery procedures utilizing operating system boot loaders.
- Basic knowledge of server operating systems to include Microsoft Windows, Redhat Linux and Ubuntu Linux as well as an understanding of VMware ESX server.
- Command line knowledge for both Microsoft and Linux preferred.
- Basic understanding of file systems and the ability to perform basic data recovery.
- Basic knowledge of network protocols, principles and concepts including the ability to troubleshoot local connectivity issues.
- Ability to perform basic configuration and troubleshooting of SSH and Microsoft Terminal Services. A
- bility to follow defined operational standards, understand data center critical infrastructure, and understand server operating systems.
- Strong communication and grammatical skills as well as professional phone etiquette.
- Ability to type with proficiency and accuracy.
- Self-driven with the ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups.
- Must exhibit a FANATICAL customer service attitude.
- HS diploma or GED required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience and the ability to show familiarity with building, repairing or upgrading hardware components required.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, high pressure environment required.
- Proficient with productivity software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and Open Office as well as email client software including the creation of rules and folder organization. 6 months experience in a customer service oriented position preferred.
- Industry recognized certifications including CompTIA, Microsoft, Redhat and/or Cisco preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide FANATICAL support.
Rackspace, a world leader in hosting delivers enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, and e-mail hosting services to businesses of all types and sizes globally. Today we serve thousands of customers from data centers around the world. Rackspace integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs delivering it as a service via the company's commitment to Fanatical Support®. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments enabling them to focus on their core business. Rackspace was founded in 1998 and since then has had significant growth year after year. There are now over 4,000 Rackers employed worldwide dedicated to providing customers our premier hosting services.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Rackspace - 17 months ago
Rackspace Hosting is fanatically focused on hosting services, but also has its head in the clouds. The company provides a range of Web...