The incumbent will be responsible for leading Hanesbrands’ distribution operations in Martinsville, VA, and accountable for over 25.0 million dozens of annual shipments to Hanesbrands’ US Customers. In the role, the incumbent will direct the operations of one facility – a 740,000 square foot facility in Martinsville, VA.
• Successfully lead Hanesbrands Martinsville, Virginia distribution operations. Set direction to achieve outstanding levels of execution.
• Ensure that future operating volumes and expectations are continually assimilated from the Hanesbrands’ business units and effectively communicated so that proper staffing levels and appropriate tactical/executional plans can be developed.
• Develop key performance metrics for all areas of responsibility, and insure that methods are put in place to accurately measure and monitor actual performance.
• In conjunction with finance, develop annual and quarterly financial plans and operating budgets for all areas of responsibility. Provide leadership and assign accountability to deliver plans that have been established.
• Create, design and implement programs to achieve continuous improvement in distribution and logistics performance.
• Ensure that high levels of inventory control and accuracy are achieved throughout the operation. Evaluate effectiveness of controls through cycle counts and other inventory control measures.
• Ensure that internal metrics and scorecards are closely aligned with Customer scorecards, and that all key performance targets for Customers – e.g. on time rate, order turnaround, shipment accuracy, etc. – are achieved on a consistent basis.
• In conjunction with sales, marketing, planning, customer operations, and customer service, identify and implement programs to continually reduce and minimize physical processing of goods – so as to speed merchandise flow to Customers and reduce internal operating costs.
• Periodically complete both short term and long term assessments of operating capacity, and compare to projecting operating demands, to insure that all facilities are properly sized, equipped, and staffed to meet business needs.
• Develop long term logistics and distribution strategies to insure that supply chain flows from internal and sourced factories, through the distribution centers, and on to customers are executed in a timely, accurate, cost effective manner.
• Interact effectively with all levels of leadership throughout Hanesbrands, with Customers, with suppliers, and with appointed providers. Build strong collaborative relationships to maximize overall success in this position.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
Education: Four year degree (Engineering, Business, or Industrial Management) required. MBA a plus.
Years of Experience: 5-7 years in distribution management.
Type of Experience: Significant experience in Distribution and Logistics required. Additional experience in light manufacturing would be a plus. Incumbent would ideally have worked in a role leading multiple distribution departments and/or manufacturing departments.
Special Skills: Strong strategic skills are required. Incumbent should exhibit high energy levels, excellent collaborative skills, and a positive morale building approach. Bilingual (English and Spanish) skills would be a plus.
Strength in the following areas is preferred:
• Leading edge warehouse management systems (specifically Manhattan Associates’ WM/PkMS).
• SAP ERP, particularly the order processing systems.
• Advanced knowledge of distribution functionality and strategies, ideally in apparel distribution.
• Proven capabilities to model, evaluate, and develop optimized logistics flows.
• Strong capabilities in budgeting and financial control. Proven background in achieving cost savings.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Hanesbrands can't wait until it gets its Hanes on you. The company makes bras, hosiery, men's boxers, socks, and other intimate...