Work Location: Not Applicable
Shifts: Not Applicable
Positions Available: 1
The Application Developer role within the Integrated Business Services organization provides end-to-end development support and maintenance services for the StreamServe application. The application developer’s primary responsibilities are to design, develop and support document management solutions in a StreamServe environment. The application developer will act as a liaison to the business process teams to understand business process flow and determine functional requirements. This position is part of a rotating shift conducting 24x7 production support operations. This position works both independently and with other departmental or cross functional team associates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the design, development, unit testing, deployment and maintenance of StreamServe applications
2. Acts with limited guidance to translate business and technical requirements into well-engineered, tested, and deployed StreamServe solutions.
3. Provides technical expertise and demonstrates a broad understanding of StreamServe applications and their architectures.
4. Applies disciplined software development processes and utilizes leading edge technologies to engineer and implement structured solutions to business problems.
5. Participates in monitoring and troubleshooting applications.
Acts as the liaison between the business teams, technical teams, and other developers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meet business requirements.
7. Provides new ways of delivering requested functionality.
8. Provides suggestions on process improvements for the overall software development process.
9. Acts as liaison and provides expertise to architecture and infrastructure teams.
10. Researches and stays current with emerging technologies.
11. Ensures successful development to support transition Travel may be required up to 10% of the time. Shift work is a logical part of this analyst's responsibilities including non-business hours and weekends.
Experience and Education Requirements
Requires a BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent; normally requires a minimum of ten (10) years directly related and progressively responsible experience in applications development with seven (7) years experience in web and client server application integration development and support.
Requires education in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent; normally requires four (4) years related and progressively responsible experience in applications development with experience in Information Technology application integration development and support. StreamServe, Java, Linux, CVS, and Eclipse IDE experience a plus.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements
1. Proven track record as a developer with experience doing development and automated deployments in a high volume web environment.
3. Strong relational database experience (SQL, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i) with ability to fine tune designs to improve performance.
4. Proven experience using testing frameworks (JUnit) and producing high quality, scalable code and solutions.
5. Experience using source code version control systems (CVS) and concepts such as branching and bug tracking systems (HPQC).
6. Good analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply structured development methods to solve the problem.
7. Must be able to independently analyze existing systems to both provide support and deliver new functionality.
8. Experience with StreamServe, Windows based environments and Enterprise Printing a plus.
9. Willingness to learn new technologies and languages.
10. Good discovery and active listening skills.
11. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Experience working directly with end users for design and support of systems.
12. Good analytical and problem solving skills.
13. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
14. Depth in a number of critical technical skills like Java, Linux, Windows, integration, web systems development, client server applications development in a high volume transaction environment
AmerisourceBergen is the source for many of North America's pharmacies and health care providers. The distribution company serves as a...