This role is to provide a Partner Engineering, developer services resource and be a technical contact for SUSE hardware and other partners who are using SUSE Linux Enterprise (and related products).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Position is on-site at the Novell/SUSE Provo campus – minimal travel may be required.
- Represent partners' engineering issues inside of SUSE.
- Root cause and help fix partner testing and support problems
- Track, maintain and support engineering development on partners equipment inside of SUSE.
- Develop and maintain the SUSE Partner Engineering relationship.
- Support partner in the testing and submission of YES Certification on partner hardware platforms.
- Compatibility testing and understanding of PC-based computer hardware and OS's – from netbook to blade server.
- Ability to follow and hold others to set standards, procedures and policies. Help define and write group polices.
- Beta testing of OS on hardware platforms. Beta testing of System Test Kit.
- Proficient at bug entry, tracking and providing technical information.
- Willingness to see a project to completion, work extra hours (as necessary) to complete projects and do menial tasks to get the job done.
- Degree in a Computer Science, EE or equivalent education/experience.
- Excellent understanding of SUSE Linux and computer hardware components.
- Strong troubleshooting experience and ability.
- Minimum of 4 years experience software test/support and partnering.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting experience with current versions of SUSE Linux Enterprise (SLES 10/11, SLED 10/11).
- Experience and proficiency using web-based applications and standard office applications.
- Work well in a team/group environment, encourage, motivate, share knowledge and expertise – helping the entire team succeed.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, work well alone without constant supervision. Proactive.
- Prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications in English.
- Working knowledge of networking technologies, protocols, troubleshooting and configuration.
- Knowledge of LAN/storage adapters and drivers in the SUSE Linux environment.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies, both software and hardware.
- Understanding of the Partner Linux Driver Process (PLDP).
- Understanding of the software development and technical support processes.
Suse - 2 years ago
With more than 340 employees, SuSE Linux AG is one of the world's largest Linux specialists. Thanks to its stability and quality, SuSE Linux...