Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Electrical
Job Title :
Electrical Supervising Discipline Engineer I
Type of Position:
- Education Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent education) in an appropriate engineering discipline or the sciences from a four year accredited college or university
- 5+ years of professional engineer experience
- Experience in the Arctic region
- Experience with Oil and Gas projects
- Professional Engineering License required
- Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
URS Corporation is seeking an Electrical Supervising Discipline Engineer I to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
We invite you to take the next step toward
- Intermediate level of knowledge within a specific discipline and a basic understanding of the other disciplines.
- Very familiar with the preparation and execution of project scope for a discipline.
- Familiar with business development concepts and methods and provides support to proposals.
- Familiar with discipline tools and knowledge of company cornerstone applications.
- Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors including physical, chemical, environmental, maintenance, operational, regulatory, constructability, and/or schedule factors relating to a specific subject within a specific discipline.
- Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
- Able to lead the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor the effect of these on the budget.
- Has a basic understanding and can lead all aspects of estimating a specific discipline.
- Has an intermediate level of knowledge of discipline material costs and of cost analysis and forecasting.
- Understands and assists with the planning and scheduling of engineering tasks within a specific discipline.
- Understands the project change control process, can train others and identify potential changes.
- May be responsible for performance management and mentoring.
- Able to provide assistance to projects, addressing technical issues related to process improvement.
- Assists in the development of training programs within area of technical expertise and conducts limited training sessions.
- Maintains positive working relationships with peer leaders.
- Builds productive relationships with organizations both within and external to Engineering.
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
URS Corporation - 23 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...