Trane ( http://www.trane.com/ ), a business of Ingersoll Rand - the world leader in creating and sustaining safe, comfortable and energy efficient environments - improves the performance of buildings around the world. Trane solutions optimize indoor environments with a broad portfolio of energy efficient heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems, building and contracting services, parts support and advanced controls for commercial buildings.
We are in need of an Account Manager – Parts to join our Huntsville, AL Parts Store. In the role of Account Manager – Parts you will be responsible for all functions relating to developing and maintaining Parts Customer relationships and strengthening existing customer base to ensure maximum account penetration and customer retention. This includes finding, generating and developing new channel partners and retaining current customers in order to sell the company’s products to end-users.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Functions as a sales representative and liaison between customers and the office.
- Develops new customer accounts by cold-calling various locations in their territory with product literature.
- Visits and supports customer accounts.
- Performs analysis on customer needs and uses.
- Ascertains current market opportunities.
- Researches and provides competitive parts sales data.
- Increases sales to existing accounts.
- Establishes systematic customer contact to provide on-going information.
- Reviews and provides feedback on customer support programs.
- Identifies customer problems and/or needs, and creates a dynamic action plan designed to meet them.
- Develops multiple relationships with key players in customer operations.
- Develops and executes an account specific business plan to identify the long term, mutual support requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable, and successful partnership.
- Creates and maintains territorial listing noting classification of customer and frequency of calls.
- Maintains customer data files.
- Maintains records of sales, customer information, and requests by updating data.
- Attends sales meetings and reports sales activity, new account development, and upcoming itinerary.
- Notifies customers of specials; new projects, services, promotions, etc.
- Possesses knowledge of the product lines to create awareness and demand for products with existing and potential customers.
- May provide backup support for inside sales.
Minimum requirements include the following:
- AA degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
- 5-8 years of HVAC sales or related HVAC experience
- Prior technical sales experience required.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude and background.
- Proven experience in building customer relationships.
- Must have good computer skills including Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and Outlook
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ingersoll Rand is a global diversified firm in which our people, our products, our systems and our services work together to inspire...