Equal Opportunity Employer
The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Associated”) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Responsible for ensuring our customers receive fast, friendly service and that common courtesies are extended to every customer. Directs the day to day operational activities of the teller area, directly supervises tellers to ensure each customer’s experience is positive and memorable, trains staff on operational issues, is knowledgeable of policies and procedures, makes judgment decisions and coaches for referrals. Responsible for expanding and deepening customer relationships by identifying customers’ needs comprehensively and matching their needs with selections and resources within the colleague’|
s assigned business line and across all business lines of Associated Bank and coaching the teller team to do the same. The Teller Supervisor, in coordination with the Branch Manager is responsible for the operational integrity of the retail office. Also, may be called on to oversee the office in the Bank Manager's absence, where there isn’t an Assistant Manager.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and insure that the customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Customer Service (25%)
Training, Coaching, Mentoring/Retaining (20%)
1. Supervises Teller staff. Directs the day to day operations activities of the Teller area including: teller balancing, ordering cash, cash vault balancing, scheduling teller staff, ordering supplies, and completing daily and monthly reports, ensuring an excellent customer experience at every point of contact.
2. Interviews, hires, coaches, trains, develops, evaluates and retains Tellers.
3. Performs periodic cash counts of Teller windows and cash vault.
4. Provides technical guidance and training to Tellers on operating procedures, monitors regulatory and compliance changes, and takes appropriate actions; ensures compliance with outside regulations and corporate Standard Operating Procedures.
5. Remain knowledgeable and conduct procedures relating to office security, including but not limited to: Security procedures, Monthly Audit Checklist requirements, security equipment testing, office security training, and surprise cash audits. Acts as a key security agent within the office. Makes security, check acceptance, and exception judgment calls in a manner that will protect Associated, our customers and colleagues against loss or fraud.
6. Maintain procedural proficiency in all products and services offered at the office. On a limited basis, may be called on to sell new accounts by gathering information about customer needs and recommending solutions to resolve customer needs. Requires understanding of sales, products, benefits, account ownership, forms and procedures. Assists customers in servicing issues. .
7. Supports the attainment of branch goals by coaching and motivating Tellers in indentifying opportunities to deepen customer relationships. Responsible for individual referrals and coaching the team in recognizing customer needs by leading by example. Participates in skill builder, branch huddles and other training sessions as directed.
8. Operates a teller window as needed. Manages a large branch or may manage multiple locations under the same manager.
Minimum Education High school diploma or equivalent.
Based upon both job expectations and your level of knowledge and experience, you may be asked to complete additional educational training. This training may include in-house or outside seminars, correspondence courses, or college and technical school classes.
Preferred Education Associates Degree in banking or business related field; 2 levels of Teller Certification completion
Minimum Experience 2 years Teller or Senior Teller experience in a banking environment. Proven proficiency in the standard operations of the office, including personal production and accuracy. Leadership, Customer Service, Cross Selling.
Organizational skills, Approachable, Consistent, Adaptability, Flexibility, Strong communication skills (written and verbal), Basic analytical skills, Time management, Good judgment, Sales, Problem-Solving. Composed, Genuine, Thorough, Focused, Attentive Listener, Approachable, Consistent, Attention to Detail, Follows Procedures, and Team Player
Preferred Experience 2 years Teller or Senior Teller, 1-2 years as a supervisor or manager role in a banking environment. Proven proficiency in the standard operations of the office, including personal production and accuracy.
Special Skill Requirements – Computer Skills/Licensing/Certifications/Bonding
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws. If applicable, must submit required information to meet registry requirements, obtain a unique identifier, and maintain the registration requirements as directed by the S.A.F.E Act.
Ability to operate equipment necessary to complete the duties listed above, including computer terminals, PC's, fax, copier, adding machine, etc.
General Physical Conditions
• Moderate physical activity; routine handling of objects of 21-50 pounds or continuous standing, walking, keyboard, or CRT work (at least 80% of time) OR periods of moderate discomfort due to noise and/or other adverse conditions.
• Normal coordination and/or visual attention in connection with the standard flow of work.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Teller Supervisor I: Typically supervises a staff of 4 or less colleagues.
130 E Randolph
Associated Bank - 10 months ago
A lot of Midwesterners are associated with Associated Banc-Corp, the holding company for Associated Bank.One of the largest banks based in...