Adjunct Faculty members are committed to upholding the mission of the College by providing the highest level of instruction to the students. Faculty members are responsible for advising students within their program of instruction and assisting the Academic Department in the revision, development, and implementation of programs and curricula. All faculty members are expected to support and uphold the College's policies, procedures, and objectives within the classroom.
1.Creating a Syllabus with the Program Administrator for each course taught which meets course objectives, accreditation, and formatting guidelines
2.Follow and complete the objectives as stated in the syllabus for each course taught and meets stated competencies
3.Cover all the material in the depth and scope described in the syllabus.
4.Insures that students have attained minimum course competencies as described in the course syllabus
5.Uses a variety of styles in order to accommodate the various learning modes of students
6.Compiles, administers, and grades all assignments and examinations in a timely manner and returns all items gathered from students
7.Comes to class prepared to meet daily and weekly objectives and competencies through lectures, activities, handouts, fieldtrips, guest speakers, etc.
8.Begins class at the designated time and provides a full period of instruction for each class
9.Keeps accurate attendance and turns in an attendance roster to the Registrar for each class period
10.Assures that classroom or laboratory is left in a clean and orderly condition at the end of each class period
11.Actively works to maintain minimal withdrawal in all classes taught
12.Turns in final grades for all courses taught by the time designated by the Registrar
13.Participates, when possible, in all graduation ceremonies
14.Attends campus faculty meetings, faculty development training, and other meetings as assigned.
15.Makes recommendations and attends meetings as assigned by the Program Administrator
16.Performs other duties designated by the Program Administrator and Academic Dean
- Bachelor's Degree, minimum
- Minimum of three (3) years of practical work experience
- One (1) year adult instruction experience
- A command of theory and contemporary technical knowledge and continuing study of the particular field of instruction
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
Microsoft operating systems
Linux operating systems
Web server administration
Database theory and programming
MS SQL Server administration
MS Exchange Server administration
VoIP * As a new faculty member participate in EGCG New Faculty Orientation and Training program, including participation in the EGCG Faculty Mentor Program.
- Teach courses as assigned by the Program Director and Director of Academic Affairs (DAA).
- Apply teaching concepts consistent with the EGCG Statement of Teaching Effectiveness and Faculty Competencies.
- Teach to course learning objectives as mapped in the approved course syllabus.
- Create a safe and welcoming learning environment and get to know every student by name the first day/week of classes.
- Begin class on time and end on time in the designated space and provide an entire period of instruction for each class.
- Deliver learning to ensure that students have had an opportunity to master course competencies as described in the course syllabus.
- Uphold College criteria and standards for grading student work.
- Prepare daily lessons and learning activities for each class session applying teaching competencies as described in the EGCG Statement of Teaching Effectiveness and Faculty Competencies.
- Model professional behavior.
- Make first contact with absent students in a caring, professional way.
- Cooperate with his/her Program Director on classroom observations and coaching plans.
- On a daily basis immediately report students at risk to the Program Director.
- Let Program Director know right away of any instructional delivery support needs.
- Participate in student success plans for students struggling in his/her course, with any needed guidance from the Program Director.
- Keep accurate attendance records, posting attendance in the portal and submitting attendance roster to the Academic department for each class period in a timely manner.
- Compile, administer, and grade all assignments and examinations in a timely manner and return all items gathered from students.
- Turn in final grades for all courses by the deadline established by the Registrar and DAA.
- Assure that classroom or laboratory is left clean and orderly at the end of each class period
- Partner with all other campuses departments to help students access needed resources; for example, Student Services, Career Services, and Financial Services.
- Participate in faculty meetings and in-services.
- Perform other duties designated by the Program Director and DAA if a Full time instructor (for example, academic advising).
Eagle Gate College Group - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -