High school or equivalent required.. One to two years experience preferred in one of the following areas, Recovery Room, ICU, Emergency Room, Operation Room, Med/Surg, Pharmacy or Bio-Med setting. Attainment of ASATT (American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians) certification, within five years is required.
Primary Job Functions
- Provides supplies and equipment to each anesthetizing location in proper working order.
- Maintains, supports and displays knowledge of normal use of all anesthesia equipment and supplies. Maintains PAR levels of all disposable stock, and all invasive and non-invasive equipment. Cleans and returns special equipment to each location immediately after use. Reports non functioning equipment. Uses correct departmental procedures for decontamination, cleaning, and sterilization of equipment.
- Provides technical assistance as requested by anesthesiologists and CRNAs by assisting with insertion of invasive monitoring, i.e. central line, epidural, pulmonary artery catheter, TEE, arterial line etc., assisting with patient transport from POHA to the OR and OR to PACU/ICU, assisting staff in preparation for emergency cases and assisting with anesthetic induction as requested.
- Utilizes GEM arterial blood gas equipment by performing arterial blood gas calculations as requested by anesthesiologist or CRNA, performs quality control checks appropriately, and at correct times, re-validates competence every 6 months with perfusion, completes/passes competence test yearly given by perfusion.
- Maintains and cleans anesthesia machines utilizing written protocol by checking and replacing empty gas cylinders daily, checking, cleaning, replacing soda lime when indicated and disassembling, cleaning, reassembling ventilators according to protocol.
- Provides and maintains pharmacy stock in anesthesia workroom. Provides drug trays to each scheduled anesthetizing area each morning. Stocks used drug trays in pharmacy each day (in preparation to be checked by pharmacist). Marks all refrigerated vials with exp. dates when placing into stock. Ensures presence of routinely used vasoactive drips.
- Maintains, cleans and stocks anesthesia carts and anesthesia workroom according to written guidelines.
- Accepts on call responsibilities, responds appropriately.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 21 months ago