Coordinates patient care and clerical needs by acting as the primary contact for the unit, while assisting and responding to information requests from doctors, nurses, patients, patient families and others to effectively service unit staff and customers by providing a permanent information resource within the unit.
- Must have completed a formal nurse aide course OR,
- Must have a medical assistant certificate OR
- Must be a currently enrolled in an accredited school of professional nursing and must have documentation of basic fundamentals of nursing from the school OR,
- Must have one year of related clerical experience OR,
- Must successfully complete Parkland's job specific training program.
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must pass PCA math and spelling tests with an 80% minimum score. Successful completion of Parkland's job specific training program will waive the required PCA math and spelling tests.
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in performing a variety of patient care and clerical duties.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with personnel of other departments, nurses, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to demonstrate flexible work habits and skill at setting priorities.
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm and eagerness to perform a variety of assigned duties.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient center/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health & Hospital System - 8 months ago