.Net Technical Team Lead (Job Number: 322490)
The SAIC Health Solutions Business Unit is seeking Technical Leads for a public health agency contract. This work will be performed in Rockville, MD
SAIC is supporting a federal public health agency whose mission is to improve the health of the nation’s underserved populations. SAIC will be providing systems development, maintenance and modernization support to this agency’s web-based grants management system and other related business IT systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of developers in designing and developing new feature enhancements and bug fixes to the system on schedule, and coordinating development and support activities with the Project Manager, Customer Relationship/ Business Analyst Lead and Test Lead.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead a team of developers on design and development tasks
- Support the development of a technical roadmap
- Help develop white papers on latest technology, research and software development process, methods and techniques
- Provide system design, software development and technical guidance to the team
- Conduct design reviews and code reviews of tasks performed by other developers in the team
- Foster and mentor a high performing technical team
- Supervise the quality of designs and implementations of the modules
- Work closely with Project Manager in planning releases, monitoring progress and investigating production issues.
- Arbitrate disagreements with engineers and make decisions where needed without damaging relationships
- Assign tasks to other developers in the team and track the progress of those tasks against release schedules.
- Communicate and collaborate extensively with functional team members such as Requirements, Architect, CM and Testing
- Provide status and other day-to-day communications to the Project Manager
- Provide help desk triage/ production support
REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS: Bachelor's degree in a related technical field and 8+ years related technical experience (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience) or a Master's Degree in a related technical field and6+ years of related experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Must have experience developing web applications in C#, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, Java, SQL/TSQL, SQL Server, TFS, UML.
- Experience with leading a team of 4+ developers
- Experience with enterprise level information management systems
- Must have experience in XML and related technologies (XSLT, XPath, XQuery, XSD, SOAP)
- Must be experienced with designing databases and developing entity-relationship diagrams.
- Must be experienced with Object Oriented Design and use of Design Patterns.
- Must have production support experience.
- Must have experience writing automated unit tests.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Must have a commitment to delivering high-quality software and data
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency, and the ability to work independently and proactively in achieving team and individual objectives
- Must be able to understand the business uses of data and develop designs and specifications to meet those requirements
- Must be comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mindset
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 22, 2013, 8:34:54 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-BETHESDA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 14 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...