Purpose: To provide technical leadership for gear manufacturing and general machining in achieving the service center’s goals for quality, cost, and on-time commitments while maintaining employee safety and developing an effective working relationship with all employees.
- Provide technical support for gear making, general machining, gear metrology lab, pattern checks, and conformance to customer requirements and Quality Standards.
- Reverse engineering of non-PG parts
- Oversee, develop, mentor, and train machine shop team in all aspects of gear manufacturing
- Establish parameters to assure speeds & feeds of all gear cutting and grinding operations are such that maximum productivity is achieved while maintaining quality requirements
- Establish and implement set-up programs for gear cutting and grinding machines
- Review/oversee all tooling/fixturing needs to assure cost effectiveness and maximum life expectancy
- Work with tooling manufacturers to identify productivity and cost improvement opportunities.
- Develop and write routings/processes for parts to be manufactured in-house along with establishing standard times, and raw material requirements.
- Interface/support Customer Service for estimating and status updates as required.
- Provide technical support to Supply Chain for subcontracted operations at vendors as well as other PG sites.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of gear quality reports and data packages etc.
- Ensure inspection equipment calibrations are complete as required.
- Provide input for capital improvement including recommendations, justifications, and selection of equipment required to meet business plan and budgetary guidelines
- Support an operating philosophy of continued improvement, performance metrics and teamwork throughout the Company
- Minimum of 3-5 years of technical or manufacturing gear engineering experience
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- PC Skills
- Strong Problem Solving Ability
- Interpersonal and Motivational Skills
The Timken Company keeps its bearings straight. The company makes bearings that find their way into products from consumer appliances to...