UNIX / Storage Administrator will provide hands-on support for a Corporate Datacenter.
The UNIX / Storage Administrator should have specific expertise in planning, designing, developing, and implementing efficient information systems as well as operations systems in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT Systems investments as well as a strong work ethic and customer service focus.
- 5+ years of experience with Unix/Linux systems and storage environments.
Personal Skills Required:
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to articulate ideas and listen effectively
- Be a self-starter that demonstrates excellent time management and organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize multiple, concurrent work activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with customers, peers, and vendors at all organizational levels
- Excellent work ethic and the willingness to extend the extra effort required to meet critical completion time lines
- UNIX Server Administration (AIX, Solaris)
- Linux Admininstration (RedHat)
- SAN Administration
- Ability to analyze day-to-day functions and processes of operating systems, application software, patch management and database resources to ensure they are performing within predetermined guidelines, limits, and specifications and work with Change Management to implement actions needed.
Presidio, Inc. - 2 years ago